𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚘𝚙𝚞𝚕𝚊𝚛 𝚔𝚒𝚍𝚜

Lorelai and Daniel were sitting on his bed at his dorm. She was reading a new book while he was finishing an assignment. He would give her quick glances as she kept reading as he was mesmerized by her focus. She felt his gaze and finally looked up from the book and met his eyes.

"What?" she smiled at him.

He shook his head, "You're beautiful."

"How do you just say that?" she shook her head.

He shrugged, "I don't know, but know that you are."

She let out a small laugh when her phone vibrated.

I'm here do I come up?-Spencer

She read the text, "It's Spencer, he's here."

Daniel nodded, "Do you have a case today?"

She shrugged, "Not yet, but knowing my job there's probably one waiting."

"Well, be safe Lorelai," Dan replied.

She nodded putting her cardigan on not feeling her phone vibrate again.

"Wait, your book!" he put out his hand.

She laughed, "It's actually your book. I finished mine when you were answering number three of your assignment."

He laughed, "You can read it. I probably won't."
She smiled and nodded, grabbing the book. Then there was a knock at the door.

Dan furrowed his eyebrows walking to the door and opening it. There standing was Spencer with his hands in his pockets. The two young men stared at each other.

Lorelai was looking for her page when she finally saw him, "Oh, hey Spence, I was just about to go-"

"Let's go, Rory," he cut her off in a stern voice looking slightly tired.

"Hey, don't talk to her like that," Dan said with a hint of anger.

Lorelai walked over to the door then turned around, "I'll see you."

Daniel nodded giving her a hug looking at Spencer as he did.

The two left his dorm with Spencer walking faster than usual.

"Spence?" Lorelai said, picking up her speed.

Spencer kept walking until he reached the car.

"Spencer?"Lorelai repeated a few steps behind him.

Spencer unlocked the car climbing into the driver's side making Lorelai roll her eyes as she opened the passenger door.

She sat inside to put on her seatbelt then sighed, "What the hell?"

"Nothing," he responds, starting the car.

Lorelai furrows her eyebrows, "What was that?"

Spencer shrugs.

"I don't get it. You've never acted like this before," she says, still looking at him.

Spencer quickly looks at her, "What are you talking about I'm like this all the time."

She shook her head, "No you're not. Spence, I've had relationships before and you never once acted like this. So tell me, why him?"

"Why him?" he repeats in question.

She nodded, "Yeah."

"Maybe..." Spencer wasn't sure how to answer but decided to say what came to mind, "I don't like him. I don't think he's the one for you, Rory."