Chapter 2- Seeing is Believing.

Layla kept to herself, smiling at little creatures here and there, tending to the plants on the school garden lawn, and lending a helping hand to any student who needed her. She was a particularly unusual girl to sone of the students. She was "friends" with everyone. Layla thought they were her friends, but behind her back, they made fun of her.
Giggled at her bare-feet that she preferred over shoes any day, snared at her odd vocabulary words such as "Jingles!" or "Hexcellent!". She was just foreign in every way possible and she never thought anything of it.

Layla was roommates with Ann, the younger sibling of Zack Fair who was roommates with a guy named Dylan Navarro. Zack was one of the nice students who often liked to grab the girls' attention and woo them for a day and then leave tomorrow.

Ann was nice to Layla in every way she possibly could, she never questioned Layla's odd activities. Never once talked about Layla behind her back nor did she ever treat her with any sort of disrespect. So you could say; Ann is a good friend.

Today, Layla was dressed in her best get-up, she wore sandals made from actual tree bark and Lillies embedded into her white blouse and her flowy white skirt which was a beautiful gossamer.
However, she was shaken up by the question which Sora had asked her. He was only being kind, inviting her to the library to join he and the rest of his friends in working on their project that she had to also take part in.

Instead, Layla was much more busy with business of her own that was very difficult to explain. Today, her...family was visiting the campus! To see how their little hatchling was getting on with her...schoolwork? Layla could not wait to spend time with her father. Lord Ansem the Wise.

Dashing towards her dorm room, she knocked before opening, just to see Ann. Ann was studying with her two best friends Tifa and Aerith who were also relatively kind to Layla.

"I hope I'm not interrupting anything important!" Layla bowed her head in shame. Ann shook her head and gave Layla a kind smile. "Of course not, this is your dorm room too. Me and the girls are just studying for today's Economics test."

"Hi Layla!"
"Hello Layla." Tifa and Aerith both greeted the girl while they watched her frantically rummage through her dresser. Her shoulders stiffened once she found the amulet in which she was looking for. The one her father gave to her, it was a way for him to locate her.

"You okay?" Ann asked as she stared at Layla grazing her slender fingers over the golden amulet which was shaped like a heart.

"Yes! I'm hexcellent...it's just that, I feel bad for rejecting Sora's invitation...but my family is coming to visit me today." Layla sat on her bed, busying her fingers to picking off bits of cotton from the bunny shaped pillow.

"Girl, let Sora wait. Your family is visiting! That's far more important than whatever he has going on." Tifa smirked and continued writing something down on a sticky note to post in her text book.

"Yeah, Tifa's right, don't feel bad about something you cant change..." Ann patted Layla's shoulder and grabbed a juice from the mini fridge within the dorm room.

Layla gave a slight smile and she couldn't help but give the girls all a group hug. "Oh, Gosh girls! thank you for the words...I'm mostly excited about seeing my father and cousin. It's been so long..." with that, the girl took her leave, her sandals echoing in the distance as she disappeared down the hall. She was so excited, her heart beating as fast as it could, not even noticing Axel, Sora, Terra, Riku and Roxas hiding behind the bushes.

"Sora be still..." Terra lightly hit Sora's head as they tried to spy on the mysterious girl. "Ow...that kinda hurt Terra." Sora groaned as he fell back onto the grass.