Chapter 4- Paint the Town Black

Layla's cheek burned as she and Xeha walked down the hallways towards her dorm room. Of course, it was not just them in the hallways anymore but the other pixies from her world who transferred to the mortal world.

The thought of marriage at the age of 18, well in pixie years, she was at least 1800 years old with 4000 more years ahead of her. She felt like matrimony to a pixie-man that she had never met before was a bit radical. But if it was to protect her father and their people, a wedding must be in order.

Layla never met Xeha until earlier today, so far he wooed her to a T, but she just met him. He seemed solemn to his word about he promised big dreams and magic everywhere. He held her hand tightly, he had feelings too, and at this moment, Xeha was anxious and nervous to be in the mortal world for the first time. Without his wings, he felt like a common caterpillar inching along the branch.

Leading Xeha towards her dorm room, it occurred to her that she would have to explain everything to her roomie, Ann. She wasn't sure if telling Ann about the pixie side of her was a good idea or the part about marrying Xeha was a better idea. Even so, she was in deep Poison Ivy.

"Come come." She urged Xeha along the halls until she reached the door of her dorm. "Now Xeha, this is where me and my roommate reside. She's very kind and she's also a school RA. So if there is ever a time when you're lost in the hallways, Ann would be there to save you." Layla giggled. Xeha only stared down at her, silent as a mouse in the sweet berry fields.

"Mm." Was All Xeha did say. "And where would I be sleeping?" he asked Layla before she turned the shimmering bronze doorknob. "You have a dorm room as well! Remember when father got everyone registered in the school? You'll be rooming with Marluxia." she said.

Turning the doorknob, she unlocked it as well revealing the neatly tidied room that she and Ann lived in. Speaking of her roommate, she was inside reclining on her bed and clicking through her laptop—most likely she was doing homework since Ann loved to study and get her work done.

"Oh Hi Layla....?" Ann looked up seeing Layla and a very handsome and tall young man behind her roommate. Xeha's once golden eyes were a now violet as he stared at the scenery of the room. Still gripping Layla's wrist.

"Hey Annie!! This is Xeha, my...boyfriend!" Layla giggled. "Xeha, this is Ann!" Layla skipped over to Ann's side of the room and intertwined Xeha and Ann's fingers.

"Nice to meet you Xeha! I take it you're one of the new wave of students?" Ann asked as she closed her laptop and shook the male's firm hand. He only nodded before glancing at Layla.
"Yes...such a lovely school you all have here." his lips were tugged into a light smile.

"Hey, Layla how'd your little family reunion go?" Ann tied her long dark hair up, preparing for bed.

"Oh...it went wonderful!" Layla lied. She kicked her shoes off and reclined back onto her bed. She stared up and noticed that Xeha had already left on his own.

"Where'd your boyfriend go?" Ann questioned as she took a bite out of the remaining piece of cookie she had saved. Layla stared in confusion and turned to Ann. "Maybe he's just sleepy and wanted to hurry to his dorm."

—————————————————————————-
The night was still young, especially for a pixie of the southern dawn. However, the truest form of these pixies were that they were pixies of Darkness. They were catalysts of worlds of light and they fed off the energy of good. The darkest truth of these pixies were that they deceived Ansem the Wise.
In order to obtain a greater magical power, Xemnas needed someone to feed off of, to keep his father Lord Xehanort alive.