September 15th, 1944

I'm married now. Mrs. Lewis Baudin.

He's a sweetheart. I think I'll grow to love him.

Matthew keeps teasing him by calling him 'cousin'. He's got a nice laugh.

He's said he'll cover for me too, though he didn't have to.  He'll say the baby's his.

He only lives a few towns over from Matthew. So I'll be moving to Canada, but I won't be far from family.

I'm sorry Ivan.

"Jones- I mean, Baudin."

Amelia turned, seeing her husband standing next to the superintendent.

She walked over, and he beckoned them into his office.

"Your husband told me about your... 'situation'. In a case like this, since the incident happened before our arrival in Normandy, there will be no black mark on his record. You, however, are on the next ship back to England."

Amelia looked at Lewis, and he nodded. She turned back to the superintendent, head held low. "Yes sir."

"Finish your shift, and then report back here to me."

"Yes sir."

They left the room, and then she turned to Lewis. "You told him you were the father?"

"Yeah."

"Why?"

"Because you were in love. It's not you fault he wasn't able to come back for you."

They were silent for a moment.

"Um, you should know you're my hero of the month... no, year now."

Lewis smiled. "That's good to know."

She finished her shift, and then was told that she was leaving in three days. She nodded, and went back to the dorms.

The other girls wanted to know why she was headed home, so she blushed and told them, and her acting was perfect, apparently, because they believed her, and gave her the best of wishes.

Three days later, she kissed Lewis on the lips for the first time since their wedding. He smiled softly. "I'll try to be home as soon as I can." He whispered.

"You can do it, hero."