Chapter 11: Carmen Sandiego 2.0

Positioning on the dining table was a small spread of perfectly cooked pancakes, vegan eggs, tofu sausages, and hash browns for everyone

Seeing the food made Caleb's mouth drool a little. He tries to take a bite, but Brooke asked if he had brushed his teeth.

"I did," he replies. Caleb beams at his mature girlfriend like a proud child. A suspicious Brooke casts him a doubtful look.

"Really?"

"Yeah, I even flossed as you told me to."

That made the teenage oracle smile. "Good. Now, I'll set the table while you pour some orange juice."

Sooner or later, she received a vision that the siblings are going to dirty the kitchen floors with sand and broken seashells.

Irritated, she grabbed a long towel off the kitchen floor, threw it close to the back door, and unbolted the locks in case they didn't have the keys.

"That was badass!" Nessa hollered, drenched in water. "We are so doing it again!"

Johnny laughs, wiping the sand off his feet.

"I can't believe you got it on your first try." he ruffles his sister's wet hair and asks Brooke if their breakfast is in the microwave.

"No, it's on the dining table." Brooke takes her plate out of the microwave and carries it over to the table. "But first, you two need to brush your teeth, or else you won't get anything."

Bobbing their heads in silence, the Phoenix siblings hurry upstairs where Brooke and Caleb prepared the table.

White paper napkins spread under the dishes and fresh orange juices.

Warm daylight caressed Brooke's brown skin.

Her dreadlocks brushed against her exposed back. Brooke's silver sun pendant swished across her chest like a pendulum clock.

Silver Bohemian rings enclosed around her fingers as Brooke gave her friends their breakfast.

"Thanks, Brooke," Johnny says. After taking his plate, Johnny positions it and his glass of orange juice on the table.

Unexpectedly, her boyfriend Caleb slid down the stair rail, then greets Brooke with a kiss on the cheek.

"Hello, Angel," he whispers in her ear.

Brooke massages his cheeks then plants a kiss on his forehead.

"Hi, sweetie," she greets, wearing her typical alluring smile.

For today, he had on an oversized brown flannel with wide-leg jeans and black suede shoes. Caleb's short dreads hover over his forehead as he attempts to push them away from his eyes.

Delighted, Brooke tells him that his breakfast on the table.

"And make sure you eat your tofu eggs." she reminds him. "It keeps you healthy and makes your muscles grow."