Chapter 12: The Tragedy of Enrique Sanchez

Before my grandmother had passed away, she had told me that it is important to have a dream

Before my grandmother had passed away, she had told me that it is important to have a dream. Because with dreams, you have the motivation to achieve them.

However, when you can predict the future like Brooke, you witness upsetting visions that will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Brooke's vision shows a Hispanic teenager running away from something. The event took place in a low-income public school in Harlem, New York.

Sweat drenched his anxious face as the boy scampers down the hallway. Dark shadows surround him; he screamed at the empty hallways for help, but no one heeds his calls.

The teachers were gone; the students had already left the facility and the security guards stood outside smoking on blunts.

Glowing lights shone on a dark red snapback secured his brown, spongy hair.

And much to Brooke's surprise, the boy's white Brooklyn Dodgers jersey, baggy jeans, and black Converse sneakers were sprayed in someone's blood.

Bouncing on his back is the boy's dark blue bag with ink-black straps.

Monstrous noises began to pound behind him until the boy bursts into the bathroom and locked the door behind him.

Fluorescent lights showered on the boy's scared face. Though the vision was a little hazy, Brooke managed to catch a small glimpse of the boy.

His face is beaten up pretty badly; the boy's left eye is swollen; blood slithers down his nose and ears, and his lips grew to the size of a clam. Nevertheless, Brooke immediately recognized the small mole underneath his large chin.

Holy shit. Brooke thought. Was that Enrique?

The injured boy staggered into the middle bathroom stall, put down his backpack, and searched for something valuable when an unseen force grabbed him from behind.

Squeezing her eyes shut, Brooke stood like an object paralyzed into space. The warm air suffocated her; sweat trailed down her acne scars until it soaked her jeans.

What the fuck? Brooke thought. What the hell did she just saw?

Could it be another monster lurking about in California? Though she was visibly shaking, Brooke told her friends what she had seen.

"What?" Johnny blinks at his former girlfriend in confusion. "You saw a kid getting dragged around in the bathroom?"

Caleb's warm smile fades, whereas Nessa blinks at the rearview mirror, spotting a traumatized Brooke in the back seat.

"What happened?" she inquired. "Was he running away from the pigs?"

"No," Brooke answers. "There was no one in the school, except for the boy."

"Who is he?"

"I am not sure, but I think it was Enrique."

Brooke looks in Caleb's direction, hoping that he'll give her a comforting hug or a kiss. But much to the oracle's surprise, the boy hardly notices her.