[8]

"Mhm, so, how was today?" Jungkook snuggled up into Taehyung's arms. It became some sort of custom, taking the night off from busy duties and talking about, well, life."

Today, Taehyung looked more worried, as if there was something on his mind. In fact, there was.

"Well, Kook, you see..."

Taehyung went on to explain, that earlier that morning, they had a minor breakthrough. Apparantly, Namjoon, alongside his intelligence team, managed to find out which gang had sent the spies.

They were another rival gang which started in Daegu, Taehyung's hometown. However, in recent years, they expanded their operations, which were mainly drug deals, to the whole of South Korea. The intentions of the gang, who called themselves the 23rd Street, was still unclear. 

One thing was certain, though. They had to send a spy to the rival gang as soon as possible to gain intel on their ulterior motives, and not just that, they had to find the mole in the Vendetta's midst too. 

Jungkook stared, mouth agape. He thought that it was relatively safe, the Vendettas being the most dangerous gang. "Why would people want to take the risk to infiltrate us?" He asked the older. 

"This was the first time such a major rival tried to gather information on us, honestly. We have to keep out guard up. From now on, no going out of the building," Taehyung replied curtly, firm. 

The pair fell into silence once again, Jungkook digesting the huge chunk of knowledge just presented to him. Taehyung also told him that there was no plan yet, although the members that could be trusted were already sketching out ideas for the newest and most critical mission in a while. 

~

"Taehyung!" Jungkook said, breaking the silence. Taehyung turned, slightly surprised as he assumed the younger was asleep. He himself was going to sleep soon, feeling groggy from prior events. 

"What is it?"

"I... Might have a plan," Jungkook suggested, eyes wide. Taehyung simply hummed in acknowledgement, signaling the younger to go ahead.

"What if... I was the spy. With training, I'm sure I can learn how to defend myself if anything really bad happens. I learn fast, you know. What's more, 23rd Street are already on a high guard, if I'm not wrong, and they don't know me. I can seduce them or something, and work my way from there..."

Taehyung shook his head. It was a good plan, he would say that, but too risky. "Jungkook, we don't have much information? You can't just 'work from there' ! I'm not allowing it. We will figure something out tomorrow, for now, go to sleep first." 

"... Fine. But you should still consider what I've said, Tae." 

"I- I will." 

With that, Jungkook snuggled up against Taehyung, as he always did since moving into Taehyung's room. 

You should consider what I've said. Jungkook's words rang in Taehyung's mind, loud and clear. As much as Taehyung wanted to protect Jungkook, for what reason he still was figuring out, a small part of him wondered, if Jungkook was sent over... would it really work?

~

oOo! we are reaching the interesting parts of the book, so stay tuned :) 

there will be a lot more action in coming chapters (i hope-) 

as always, thank you for reading. i have put up a link in my bio, where you can find me on various platforms so yea. 

oh and happy halloween yallz