[11]

Realisation set in.

Namjoon was already working on it, trying to trace Jungkook as best as he can. To say the least, Taehyung was very stressed out. No one expected it to be possible to infiltrate what was supposed to be the strongly guarded headquarters, but somehow, they did it. Emergency precautions were immediately set up, and while Taehyung wanted to focus on getting Jungkook as soon as possible, he knew he had to organise the mafia first. It was still the middle of the night, and many members were sent back to get rest.

Taehyung though, would not rest. Not until they got Jungkook back. He barked orders at those who were awake. The worry could be seen clearly on Jimin's face, and Taehyung was sure his mirrored the worry.

~

Jungkook forced himself to think. Obviously being kidnapped in the middle of the night caught him by surprise. He thought of Taehyung, and wondered if they realised. They must have. Guilt ebbed away at his insides- oh, how could he allow himself to be captured so easily?

There was no point wallowing in sorrow and regret now. He had to do something, anything, to ensure at least the Vendettas get something positive out of this. He would not let himself be a hostage, and even if he was, the enemy was not going to have an easy time.

That was when it hit him. The whole infiltration operation was to seduce his way to the mafia boss of 23rd Street. He could do that. Pretend this kidnapping was okay.

But first, Jungkook needed rest. You got this, he told himself before closing his eyes and allowing himself sleep. He was going to need it, and there was no point staying awake, as there was no way he could track where the van was taking him.

~

"I got it!" Namjoon exclaimed, breaking the silence and intense sheen of concentration that enveloped the room. Most of the group of leaders pulled an all nighter, trying to track down Jungkook through security cams, etc.

Their efforts were to no avail, until now.

Taehyung and Jimin huddled around Namjoon, but only saw a screen of black.

"I don't get it... what are we looking at?" Jimin spoke aloud, voicing Taehyung's thoughts as well. Then, a flash of light from a low angle. It seemed that this camera was moving, and positioned at a very low angle.

"Whoever took Jungkook must have took his shoes too. This is the camera and tracker on the underside of the shoe. The only problem? It's not fully charged, we can expect the battery to die soon. Such a small thing can only last so long, furthermore we were planning on using other tracking devices and cameras rather than this..." Namjoon explained.

Nevertheless, it was a start.

~

Jungkook was roughly awakened when the van door opened, the sudden exposure to light from a phone camera blinding him momentarily. The men who captured him threw a pair of shoes, and he was glad to see that they were his. After putting them on, he stumbled out of the van, joints groaning in complaint as he stretched. They seem to be underground, in a garage if some kind, with at least a dozen or so other vehicles ranging from bulky jeeps to sleek race cars.

Pretending to be okay with getting kidnapped by the 23rd Street was no less easier than trying to remotely communicate with Taehyung. Breathe in, breathe out. One thing at a time, Jungkook told himself.

He was led into an elevator- nothing special, but Jungkook dutifully noted mentally that it was a possible escape route, just like Taehyung once told him. "Always keep a look out for escape routes, you would never know when it is needed."

The 23rd street headquarters was... not what he had expected. Only ever being in the Vendettas' headquarters, he assumed that all mafia headquarters had fancy mansions and luxurious furnishings, equipped with state-of-the-art security systems. However, the interior did not excite Jungkook that much. Mostly plain, with documents scattered everywhere. The 23rd Street must be a fairly small organisation, then, he thought. The click clack of his shoes against the wooden flooring ran out through the room.

Before Jungkook was shoved unceremoniously into a small, dingy and musty room, he caught sight of hints of dawn from the cracks. The van ride must have taken most of the night, he concluded. There was a security camera tucked neatly away in the otherwise bare room- no windows, no furniture, no potential weapons except Jungkook himself.

Now, to figure out what to do next.

~

Hello! Happy Holidays to everyone even though I am around two days too late lmao. This chapter is a small filler to basically explain what happens... been hit with lack of motivation for past couple of days and the drive to get this done came at night, it's so late now hehe. Don't have much to say, except I hope you enjoy this short update again.

ps. chapters are usually 700-1k words long , at least.