Chapter 16: Home Sweet Home

1-month time skip, Harley and Jade, have stayed with the Salvatore's waiting for when they can go home to New Orleans

HARLEYS POV

Its been about a month we've been with the Salvatore's and honestly, I'm ready to go home. Don't get me wrong I love Damon and Stefan, but I want to see Klaus. I know Jade wants to see Elijah. I make my way down to the kitchen, I see AJ at the counter drinking a blood bag. She smiles at me and I smile back walking in and grabbing cereal. "breakfast of champions" she says throwing away the empty container, I laugh saying," cereals pretty good too" she nods. "Where's Damon and Stefan?" I asked "Damon's on a date with Bonnie and Steffy's with Caroline on a date. I'm guessing its date-time for everyone, while we're stuck in this damn house." she said flustered "Wow so Bonnie might be your stepmom," I said "Yeah but it's okay I like her," she said shrugging her shoulders. I nodded agreeing, as I put my bowl in the sink, I heard a knock at the door. AJ and I looked at each other "I'll get it" she said. I walked behind her to see who it was, when she opened the door all you heard was "Oh my god!!" I walked closer and saw her hugging the life out of Elijah, him chuckling hugging her back as tight. She let go of him and he gave her flowers saying," these are for you darling" she smiled. He walked over to me giving me a small hug. "okay ladies, I have some news" Elijah said smiling. "well get on with it" I said eagerly "You both can come home now" I and AJ look excitedly at each other. "finally" AJ said and I chuckled Elijah spoke up saying," but before we leave I have some business to attend to" AJ looked puzzled " what business?" she said, "nothing to worry that pretty head about" he said kissing her forehead. "well I'm ready to go home" I said, "we'll leave after I take care of my business."
Third person POV
They all sat on the couch watching TV, what the girls didn't know was Elijah was looking for Damon to ask him a huge question. After about another hour Damon finally comes home.

ELIJAHS POV

I slowly moved Jade's head off of my lap when I heard Damon come in, I shushed him to not wake the girls up. He nodded his head and I motioned for him to come with me to the kitchen. When we got in there, he gave me a disapproving look. "Go ahead Damon, say what you need to say" "Well I thought I told you to stay away from my kid." I looked disapprovingly at him," your daughter loves me and I love her 10 times more." "sure and you're also a deranged Mikaelson" he moved to pour himself a drink as I turned to him," I would never hurt her or put her in danger Damon and you know it." Damon rolled his eyes," the best thing for her is to get away from you, Harley is kinda trapped with you Mikaelson's. Jade doesn't have to get mixed up with you all too." I scoffed," you make it out to seem like you're an angel Damon, I'm not going to let anything happen to her, you have my word." Damon took his turn to scoff," what are you wanting Elijah?!" "I want your daughter and to marry her." Damon's eyes went wide," no way in hell do you have my blessing" "well I tried to be civil, I'm going to marry your daughter and you're not going to stop me." With that, I went to wake the girls up. As they got up, I got their luggage and took it to the car.

JADES POV

I went to the kitchen where my dad was, I hugged his arm as he laid his head on mine. "What's wrong?" I asked. He sighed," I don't want you with him." I sighed and rolled my eyes backing against the counter," Damon I don't tell you who you can and can't be with. So why should you? I love Elijah and he's good to me. You should be happy about that instead of the hate you hold for him." He scoffed," he's gonna end up getting you killed or something!" "no, he's not!" I lowered my head, why couldn't he be happy for me? " I'm gonna go now, bye. Tell Stef bye and I love him." I made my way to the car where Elijah and Harley waited for me. I know I hurt his feelings by not telling him I loved him, but he hurt mine by thinking so badly of Elijah. I got in after Elijah opened the door for me, Harley in the backseat. She put her hand on my shoulder as Elijah got in and started the car. "you okay?" she asked "fine" I said fake smiling. She gave me a look that said "liar" but she didn't say anything. Elijah grabbed my hand holding it. We made our way back to New Orleans.
HARLEY'S POV
I could tell something was bothering both AJ and Elijah though neither of them wanted to acknowledge it. I sat in the back wondering what happened when I was sleeping. Did I miss something big? No they would have told me if it was something important, so If definitely wasn't important and yet it still bugged them. I hoped whatever it was that was bothering them wouldn't be bothering them soon or this was gonna be a long ride.

*** 

After what felt like forever we were finally seeing the familiar settings of the French Quart in New Orleans. I was glad we were finally back, the trip down here sucked, no one talked and I could tell AJ was arguing in her head. I had headphones in the whole time because of 10 minutes of silence I couldn't deal with it anymore.  I watched as he passed the turn to our house, looked at him confused in the rearview mirror. I pulled out my headphones saying, " Um, Lijh, you missed the turn." He shock his head, "No, I didn't, we'll be there in a few minutes." I sighed still confused, "Okay." 

I watched as we pulled into a garage in a huge house that i had never saw before, where the hell had Elijah taken us. As I was about to say 'where the hell are we?' AJ said, " Why are we at the compound? Marcel can't know about Harley remember?" He gave a small laugh, " I forgot to tell you that we moved." I spoke up, " Why did we move? What was wrong with our other house?" He simply said, " Nothing was wrong with our other house, we moved because this was our first house. Niklaus and I had this house constructed back in the '20's. Now we have taken it back from Marcel." I nodded, as I placed my headphones in my pocket as he parked. I got out of the car, grabbing my bag as I followed Elijah and AJ into the courtyard. 

I looked up to a balcony to see the glass door open, a flash ran by the door. Within as second I felt the weight from my bag leave my hand, I looked over to see Klaus standing at my side holding my bag. I smiled, "Well thank you." He said, " No problem love, how was it at the Salvatore's?" I scrunched my face, " Eh, depended on the day." I laughed a bit as AJ said, '' The only bad time you had there was the second day when Damon yelled at you." I scoffed, "He shouldn't have yell at me, ruined my day." She laughed, " No he shouldn't have but, he's over it now." Klaus and Elijah both were confused as Klaus said, " What are you talking about?" I shook my head, " He yelled at me for being pregnant then yelled at AJ for 'letting me'. Then Stefan told his biggest secret ever." AJ laughed a bit and started mocking Stefan, " Tell Damon or I will." We started laughing the boys new the secret we were referring to but, they didn't find AJ's impression as funny as we did.

AJ'S POV

After we got to the compound we all went back to our rooms, I followed Elijah to ours and in trying to lighten his mood I asked, " So what was your 'business' you had to attend to?" He's mood didn't lighten as he said, " Nothing to concern yourself with darling." I tilted my head saying, "Aw, come on, tell me." He shook his head, " There's nothing to tell it was just business, promise." I nodded, saying, "Okay", not fully believing him, it felt like he was hiding something. I laid down on the bed, Elijah doing the same. I turned to lay in his side as he wrapped his arm over my waist. "you know you can tell me, if somethings bothering you" he sighed," I know darling, its just your dad doesn't understand how much I love you" it was my turn to sigh "I know babe, but he'll come around hopefully.""yeah hopefully" he said.