Chapter 29: The Forgotten Birthday

*1-month time skip*

*1-month time skip*

JADE'S POV

Today I turned 166, it's my birthday today and I was woken up to an empty bed and a text from Caroline saying "Happy birthday! love you lots!". I thanked her and went to shower and get ready for the day, I figured Kai was in the man cave or he fell asleep on the couch last night watching Cold Case Files and never came to bed. I got out of the shower and got dressed and did my hair and makeup. Not much has happened over the past month, but Kol has changed a lot when it comes to me, we've gotten close. No, I don't like Kol in that way but he has become one of my best friends. I walked downstairs and went into the kitchen to see Kai making heart-shaped waffles, well blobs, Kai quickly turned around and smiled "HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEAUTIFUL!" before coming to hug me, I laughed and kissed him. "what's all this?" I asked looking around, Kai took the waffles out of the maker putting them on a plate "strawberries, waffles, and coffee. A little birthday breakfast for my favorite person" he said smiling wildly, I looked at him with adoring eyes. "you didn't have to do all of this baby" I said hugging him "you deserve it" I looked down sadly, I didn't feel like I deserved it. I've done a lot of bad things and I don't deserve a sweet soul like Kai. "What's wrong? this is supposed to be a fun day" "you're right," I smiled. We ate breakfast and put our dishes away "I have some plans with Klaus today" Kai said as I pouted "I thought we were going to spend the day together" "we will when I get back I promise" Kai said putting his shoes on after he put them on he kissed me and promised me again that we would spend time together when he got back. I was kind of hurt because Damon was usually the first one to tell me a happy birthday but not today. 

Harley's POV

I knew the plan for AJ's birthday she was going to have a surprise party, even our friends from Mystic Falls were coming to celebrate her birthday. After breakfast, Klaus and Kai went to pick up more decorations for the party while I waited for AJ to come over. It was one o'clock and she still hadn't come over yet, so I decided I was gonna go to her. The thing is that Klaus was gone and I'm too pregnant to be drive anymore. As I was thinking about how I was gonna get there Kol came down the stairs with his shoes on. I turned to him saying, "Kol, where ya going?" He had a smile on his face as he said, "Oh, I'm heading to Jade's." I smiled, "Great I needed a ride there anyway."