Chapter 26: A Closer Walk With Thee

JADE'S POV

I watched as Harley started to fall Klaus catching her before she could, as I turned to Kai, "What happened?" He shook his head, "I saw her walking back leaning against the wall and coughing up blood." I nodded as Klaus vamp speed Harlez to the couch laying her down.  As he did so we noticed that she was freezing and as he placed a blanket over her I said, "There's a spell I can do to help." He nodded saying, "Hurry she's not breathing, I can hear the baby's heartbeats, but not hers."

HARLEY'S POV

I woke up on the couch but it wasn't right there was a blue tint to the room. I looked around not seeing Klaus, AJ, or Kai. Instead, I saw some man I didn't recognize though he looked familiar as I said, "Who are you?" He smirked as I backed up away from, "I suppose I'm family."  

JADE'S POV

I placed damp chamomile against her head as I chanted a spell hoping it would help. I could hear Klaus' scared thoughts as I continued he got frustrated that nothing was happening as he bit his wrist letting his blood fall into her mouth, though nothing happened. He looked up at me in fear and anger saying, "It's not working. She's still not breathing."

HARLEY'S POV

As Mikael approached me I keep backing up as he said, " I assume my reputation precedes me." I shook my head, "This is a nightmare. I'm dreaming."  He laughed saying, " On the contrary, my darling-- this is very real." Before I knew it he had me in a headlock causing me to struggle to breathe as he said," Welcome to my hell-- stuck in an eternity of watching over that hideous creature my children call brother!" I was terrified as I said, "You're dead! How can I be here?" That's when it hit me, I was dead too. I screamed, " Noo!" I started trying to get out of his grip as I said, "Noo! The babies! No!" 

Mikael laughed, "The babies?" I started crying as he continued, " Those kids never had a chance! And as if your bloodline isn't filth enough, you poison it by merging it with Klaus'?" He laughed maniacally," The deathless vermin, fancying himself a daddy?" My eyes turned lupine- blue as a pushed myself from his grip, grabbing a coat rack throwing it as hard as I could at him.  I screamed at him, "They're not dead! I'm not dead! If I was dead, you wouldn't be trying to kill me!"

JADE'S POV

As I was doing the spell I could still hear her thoughts she was fighting Mikael. He was trying to kill her but, she wasn't planning on letting it happen. I keep going as Klaus moved to pick her up as he said, "Screw this I'm taking her to a real doctor." Kai answered for me saying, "If you move her the spell will break and it won't help her." He said angrily towards me, "I won't lose them." As I keep going I got a vision of A witch named Genevieve using a poppet to do the spell on Harley. I turned my head saying, "I know what I need to do. Grab my bag." 

HARLEY'S POV

I was staring him down as he was doing the same to me as I yelled, "You're dead, Mikael. Your son already beat you! " He scoffed, "He is not my son! He's a scourge, a walking symbol of weakness!" 

JADE'S POV

I spread salt around Harley who we had slowly moved to the floor as the visions of Genevieve were still coming into my head. I spread crushed herbs around and on Harley as I keep the spell going.

HARLEY'S POV

As Mikael approached me I broke off a leg of a chair pointing it at him like a stake as he seemed to be stalking me like I was prey. He came closer saying, "There is no saving those atrocities festering in your womb. Klaus will destroy them, one way or another. Better they die now, and you along with them!" He used his speed to go behind me as I span around he was now in front of me. He did it again though this time I pushed the stake in his back he screamed in pain as I said, "My kids with have an advantage Klaus never had-- they will never, ever know you."