Chapter 0: A Talk about The Future

Goh was enjoying his talk between Ash, Gladion, Clemont and Max. He got to know more about his best friend's friends from other Regions. Despite his smile on the outside, his insides were in turmoil. He knew this wasn't going to last forever. His plan was more likely to fail, in fact. He felt the need to talk out his worries, but at the same time, he couldn't risk Ash finding out. It would upset him!

He then thought about Professor Kukui and his son Lei. At the very least, he should know about the possible outcome he might deal with. It was the least he could do for bringing them all into this mess of his.

"Hey Ash, I'm gonna go talk to Prof. Kukui a bit." Goh got up from his train bunk, Sobble on his shoulder. "I got a couple things to ask him."

"OK!" Ash showed his signature smile, it was one of the brightest things Goh has ever seen. It always made him feel warm inside. Knowing his back up plan would tear that away was the most scary thought he ever had.

He closed the door and walked passed the girls room. He could hear them chatting about their adventures with Ash and... is that Iris screaming about how she never heard of Fairy-types? Ouch. He continued walking over to the final door and knocked.

"It's Goh. Can I come in?" The young boy with light blue eyes and red streaks in his hair asked.

"Sure, it's unlocked!" The Alolan father responded. Goh walks in and closes the door gently. "What can I do for you?"

"I need to vent in a sense, if that's ok..." A frown hit the kids face, not unnoticed by Kukui. He pointed to the bed across from him, Goh sitting down.

"What's wrong?"

"Professor, I haven't told Ash this, because it would rip him apart if he knew... but I feel as a father to a new born child, you need to know..." Goh took a deep breath. "What will happen if I have to resort to Plan B, which is sadly more likely going to happen."

Kukui, who was holding Tapu Koko's Pokeball in his right hand, fidgeting with it, put it down. Something told him he was not going to like what he was about to hear. "I won't tell Ash as long as it doesn't hurt him or his friends."

Goh nodded and began his serious talk. "When I found the files on Exteratus and Ash, I also found 10 different files that, if looked at alone, mean nothing." Goh took out the Papers from his bag he printed out. He handed them to the Professor who took a look at them. Each seemed like their own kind of nonsense. He handed them back to Goh, who put the papers back in his bag. He then pulled out a longer paper, folded up.

"If you look at it from a different angle, you realize those 10 pages had actual meaning." Handing the Professor the pages, he realized this one long piece of paper was all 10 pages overlapping each other! Every word now made complete sense.

"It's an extensive amount of research on me." Goh's tone went quiet. "Apparently, I am the key to completing his plans. To be more exact, the amount of Aura I hold alone."

As Kukui kept reading, his eyes widened at the results of this research. "I can see why you thought you should tell me." He handed the paper back to Goh before his temptation to rip it into shreds took over.

"If we fail to call the Sword and Shield dogs, Externatus will eat me. If I'm eaten, time will go backwards enough to the point where Lei wasn't even a soul." Goh began to shed tears. "Not only that, but as the one eaten, my entire existence will act as a sacrifice! It will be as if I was never here!"

As the boy cried, Prof Kukui got up and sat next to him, giving him a fatherly hug. This helped Goh tremendously, calming him down enough to tell him his true countermeasure.