Chapter 1.1: Rewind Stories (Litten and Rowlet)

The timezone between Galar and Alola is 11 hours (with Alola being behind.) By the time Goh and the others were teleported by Jirachi to their main destination, it had just turned noon in Kukui's homeland.

Lei had just fallen asleep for his afternoon nap. Rowlet, naturally liking to sleep, took it's spot in the little boy's crib. The two always had naps together.

Incineroar was outside with his best friend, Dusk Lycanroc. The two were sparring, like every other time Lei would nap. That little boy has taken a liking to all of Ash's Alolan Pokemon. So much so that they end up helping by keeping the boy entertained while Bernet gets a little done around the house.

This day felt a little odd to the fully evolved kitten, as it new Tapu Koko wasn't on the island. The Island Guardians don't normally leave Alola for any reason. What could of possessed the one closest to his trainer's teacher to go on such a long journey to the point of being captured?
What's more, Kukui's Lucario was sitting on the roof, looking in the direction Galar was in. The aura Pokemon only decided to go to that spot within the past half an hour. Insineraor had a bad feeling...

A few seconds after that feeling came, Rowlet woke up. It felt uneasy, but wasn't sure why. Deciding Lei was asleep enough, the un-evolved grass Pokemon got up and went outside as well.

Placing itself on top of the fire kitten's head, Rowlet, Incineraor, Lycanroc, and Lucario looked into the distance. That's when Lucario jumped up and suddenly released a massive amount of Aura. A wave of pure life energy surrounded the 4 Pokemon, alongside a couple others inside. Just like everyone in Galar, every living creature couldn't keep their eyes open. It was almost as if a long deep sleep was about to engulf the world.

Rowlet, being the one who sleeps the most within the group, didn't resist the feeling and was asleep within seconds. Incineroar, who was fighting it, was able to keep its eyes open long enough to see Rowlet... disappear? The darkness soon consumed him. What was lying on the other side... was too much for anyone with a heart to handle.

~.~.~

Before Incineroar even re-opened its eyes, it felt... smaller. Weaker even. Almost as if it has lost years of progress. Opening it's eyes, he was inside an old abandoned building... as a Litten!
The now fully un-evolved fire cat slowly recognized it's surroundings. It's the building he and his caretaker Pokemon stayed in when he first met Ash.

Still feeling as if something was extremely... wrong with the situation, he feels a familiar presence from behind. Slowly turning around, Litten saw Stoutland, the caretaker who should be dead!

Despite how much the kitten wanted to see Stoutland, something told him that if he went any closer, he wouldn't be able to recover from another loss.

~.~.~

At about the same time (maybe at least ten minutes later,) Rowlet felt 4 little Pokemon using Peck on it. Despite how sleepy the owl felt, it was smart enough to know not to sleep when being attacked.

Eyes fully open and mind finally awake, Rowlet notices he's in his old home in the forest. The ones using peck was it's little siblings. Confused on what was going on, it realized something was missing. Well, more like felt it missing... It's Everstone!

Quickly getting up, it began to look around it's home for the Everstone. Rowlet, not being one to multitask, ended up forgetting to question what was going on. Lucky for the owl, his kind father stopped his actions and handed him another Everstone. Then was asked what the heck happened.

That put Rowlet back on track, as it had no idea as well! Toucannon told his son to use Razor Leaf. Not quite understanding why, it does so anyway... or at least tries to! Leafage, a move it forgotten when it learned how to use Razor Leaf, appeared instead!

Toucannon, having confirmed it's own suspicions, told the Grass/Flying owl to head to the abandoned house, where his partner Incineroar once lived. Rowlet, still confused, followed his father's advice and began it's quick flight.

~.~.~

Litten was still standing in place, unsure of what action to take. It was happy to see Stoutland, but another good-bye with the dog could shatter the cat's emotional state forever this time.

Stoutland could see Litten's struggle, as it does remember passing away and meeting Torracat in the after life, teaching it another move. The Big-Hearted Pokémon couldn't bare to have the little kitten be around as it passed away again. Lucky for this old Pokemon, Rowlet came flying by.

Noticing Incineroar as a Litten again, the situation finally somewhat clicked. A little slow on the uptake, but better late then never, right? It decided to fly next to his teammate, which sparked a convincing talk between Stoutland and Litten. The Big-Hearted Pokémon was able to convince the kitten to at least check if Ash was still around. If his trainer wasn't, he was free to come back.

Litten gave a smile to his caretaker before turning around. Alongside Rowlet, they walked to Professor Kukui's house in the middle of Alola's starry night.