Chapter 2: Sweet Dreams

It's now 8AM in Alola, the sun shining brightly. Outside, many people have begun their day like they normally would, unaware of what happened to them.

Ash was still asleep, tears long gone. Pikachu and Rockruff, alongside Rowlet and Litten (who made their way back) were cuddling with their trainer.

Professor Kukui and Bernet, who arrived at the same time Ash's Fire and Grass/Flying-types did, were also asleep. Bernet cried for a long time before passing out. Kukui did not fall asleep until just a few minutes ago. (He almost forgot about Rotom and its Pokedex...) Once the Pokemon was back in it's device and had a little chat with the teacher, it too went to sleep. (Well, I guess you can call it hibernation mode...?)

With everyone asleep, a powerful Pokemon Ash met back during his Sinnoh journey put everyone in that house, alongside a couple other Pokemon elsewhere, into the same dream...

~.~.~

Inside the dream world, Pikachu and all of Ash's Pokemon he has ever owned (even his Pokemon from beyond his Alola adventures) were sitting with their trainer on a beach, looking at a still sunset. For some reason, this kind of view helped Ash relax a little. He knew this wasn't real and knew having a relaxing dream was impossible for him to accomplish while being as depressed as he was in real life. The 10-year-old was thankful to whoever was giving him a relaxing setting, alongside being with all the Pokemon he has caught.

...Although Greninja and Riolu were missing, which made Ash a little sad.

The Professor Couple, alongside their Pokemon, sat a bit further away. They looked at the trainer from a distance, glad to see him finally getting a little relaxation in.

Sadly, it seems as if all that progress is about to go down the drain...

"So I finally get to meet you, Ash Ketchum." A female voice said from behind the group. "Or should I call you Satoshi? I have no idea which language this world officially goes by..."

All the Pokemon turned around to see a girl with brown wavy hair that reached just below her neck. Her eyes were brown and seemed to be closer to the age of the Professors. Maybe younger, since the couple look a little younger then they actually are. All the Pokemon took a defensive stance, not sure what to make of the presence in front of them.

The girl saw where this was going. "I know what this sounds like... and I ask that you all just CALM DOWN..."

"STAY AWAY!" Ash yelled, anger in his tone. He was still facing the ocean. "I DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE OR WHERE YOU CAME FROM, BUT I DON'T HAVE THE ENERGY TO DEAL WITH ANYMORE LIFE-CHANGING EVENTS!"

His Pokemon could feel the pain radiating from their trainers voice. Ash's Charizard, who tends to be one to act quick on his trainers behalf, used flame thrower on the unknown girl. Extreme life-threating fear showed in her eyes as the flames came closer. Before the fire hit, a Water Shuriken intercepted.

'Are all Charizards insanely powerful or something?' A voice of telepolty spoke from an unseen location.

Although Ash has never heard this voice, he knew who was talking. He turned his head to see the familiar Ninja Frog he has come to love so much, but left behind in Kalos to clean up the mess left by Team Flare. "Greninja...?"

The Ninja Frog, currently in Ash-Greninja form, nods. 'Don't worry, Ash. This girl is not a threat.'

'ASH, DO YOU KNOW THIS NINJA WANNABE?' Suddenly, Ash could understand what Charizard is now saying.

'NINJA WANNABE? HAVE YOU NEVER HEARD OF THE NINJA POKEMON, YOU OVERRATED STUPID FIRE LIZARD?'

'STUPID? YOU WANNA FIGHT?'

'I GLADLY ACCEPT ANY CHALLENGE FROM YOUR KIND!'

As the two powerful Pokemon took their stance, Ash started laughing. This made the two temporary forget their dual and look at their trainer in slight annoyance.

'WHAT'S SO FUNNY?' The two said in unison.

Ash, who couldn't stop laughing, just answered, "I knew if you two ever met, it would turn out like this." The kid was now lying on the sand, kicking his legs in the air. He found this too funny.

The two Pokemon smiled. They were happy their champion trainer suddenly seemed to be in a better mood.

Ash, now looking at the girl himself, felt something similar to when he fought Arceus: overwhelming power. (Actually, it was 10 times stronger then the Pokemon who created the world.) Although despite that intense presence, it felt more calming then anything. Almost as if the girl had all that Power, but no intention to ever use it.

Pushing away his depression that now seems to be gone, he decides to interact with the unknown girl.

"Sorry about that. I just experienced something that was a bit too hard to deal with. I am Ash Ketchum, but my middle name is Satoshi." He then tilted his head, just realizing that he understood his Pokemon. "Wait, how did I understand my Pokemon like that?"

The girl, still keeping her distance, sat down on the sand. Her face seemed a bit sad. "It's because this new world is a branch from the main timeline. Many changes, good and bad, have happened."

Ash's expression once again turned grim. Although he was no longer depressed, remembering the events was still painful. Remembering that Goh was gone was still too painful...

"Goh can still be saved." The girl, who has still yet to give her name, replied as if she read the raven haired trainers mind. "He's not completely gone. Not yet."

Turning her head to the left for a moment, then looking at the sky, she also said more good news. "Lei, your Alolan baby brother, can also be saved."

Although Ash could not see, Professor Kukui and Bernet were crying happy tears off in the distance. They could tell that those words were meant for them. She did look in their direction for a moment, after all.

Ash felt the heavy feeling he had since the battle become much lighter. His Pokemon all felt it as well and were happy for their trainer.

Taking a moment to take in those positive feelings, he then asked a question he should of asked earlier. "What's your name?"

The girl smiled, seeming very happy to answer that. She put her hand to her heart and closed her eyes. "I'm Kirsten Kazeko, and I guess you can consider me a 24-year-old human from the realm that created your existence and the world of Pokémon."