* Chapter One *

Unedited!

"Ghaffar, hurry we're going to be late!" I shout standing at the front door.

I hear him groan.
He doesn't want to resume work but he has to. They gave him a three week break since we just got married but instead my husband just became lazy.

He walks out with a pout like a child." Did the fun really have to end this fast?"

"You've done alot for this company, you can't just throw 8 years away because you want to sleep and eat all day at home".

"Okay let's go but you won't be getting me at my 100%".

I burst out laughing "So that was your hundred percent?"

He frowns "Let's just go, I'm miserable enough today. Don't add to it"

I follow behind still laughing.

Ghaffar and I met at the office three years ago, I had just been hired and he was looking extra fine as he showed me how to do my work right. Let's just say I intentionally didn't learn it as fast as he would have wanted.

I can't say I enjoy working in the same company as my husband because back when we were only dating I always felt like killing all those girls that throw themselves at him and I'm the seriously jealous type.

.

"Be here by 5 on the dot, if you're going to be late just call me so I can come and get you out" he says locking the car.

I nod.
Sometimes I feel I'm a bit too dependant on Ghaffar. He knows I love him to the moon and back and I'll give my life for him, I can't live without him, I need him wherever I'm going because I can't drive and now I have given him access to my accounts.

It's not like I don't trust him with it, I know I have a bigger chance stealing from Ghaffar than him from me but I'm also scared, what if it doesn't go the right way? I know I might lose what I have left of my senses because when I'm around him it's like I can't think straight.

"Okay then. Unfortunately I can't kiss you since there are people around" I say looking at the people in the parking lot gawking at us.

"You know I don't care if they see us".
"I do. We're at work".

"Alright then, see you later" he walks away.

I honestly just wish that for once I can enter the same door as him. As a level 14 worker they have a different entrance than level 10 and below and unfortunately I'm a level 9 so I have time left.

.

I sit in my small cubicle and huff.
"Amarya!" Rahama shouts hugging me from behind.

"Hello" I say back in a low tone.
"Okay, what's going on?" She asks spinning my chair so I can face her.

"Nothing".
"Is this about Ghaffar being in level 14 and you in level 9?"

I nod.
She hisses "What does it matter? You're married to him".

"Yes but what about all those single women throwing themselves at him".

"Abeg only two of the women from level 11-15 are single. One is a widow and the other is divorced".

"But the other one isn't, Ramala is just a few months younger than Ghaffar and like you said she's divorced, searching and she matches my Husband's criteria".

"God" she groans "Ramla is in level 11, she and Ghaffar could go months without seeing each other"

"Still" I pout.
"I pity Ghaffar, you're so stubborn. Come and collect your files because if you don't do your work your husband will fire you, after all he's the one who sacks employees. It won't be so sexy if you're the one they fire" she walks out smiling.

.

He throws his car keys on the couch but they land on the floor. He sits down like he didn't see it.

"Your keys are on the floor" I say.
"I'm too exhausted to pick it up" he answers back picking up the remote.

I huff and pick it up because if I wait for Ghaffar to pick it up it'll be there for weeks.

"What's with you?" he asks.
"Nothing. Don't worry about it".

"Okay" he turns back to his show "Should we order? I'm sure you're tired too".

"No I'll make your favourite".
He looks at me surprised "You're telling me you're going to start cooking pounded yam and vegetable soup?"

"It's your favourite and you haven't eaten it in a while".

He stands and hugs me "What would I do without you?"

I smile.
"I love you" he kisses me and sits back on the couch.

"At least take a bath first, if you can't then change into something else". I say walking out of the living room.

He groans.

.
.
.
This is kind of an introduction to their lives.