* Chapter Seven *

I slowly make my way down stairs.
Ghaffar and I don't talk but he still takes me to work and since Ikram has been using my car he doesn't have to drive her anymore.

Instead of taking the long route to the kitchen I decided to just go through the dinning room, it's quicker.

I find Ikram and Ghaffar both asleep with their heads on the books on the table. They have been studying like this every night now, I like it.

I slowly enter the kitchen so I don't wake them up but I'm kinda getting jealous that he's spending more time with Ikram now since he and I fought.

Alot of times I can hear their laughter when they're watching together, he hardly laughs at my jokes like that. I have always loved to see him get along with my siblings but putting me aside while doing that seems like a different case.

"What's for breakfast?"
I turn around and see him standing, yawning.

"When did you wake up?"
"Ikram just woke me" he turns around to leave.

"You don't have to worry, Ikram can drop me off today".

"Splendid" he smiles and walks out.

.

HIS POV.

I stare at my home screen, it's Aleema's picture. The first one she ever sent me.

Even when I changed phones this has always been my wallpaper for 17months now.

My phone starts ringing and I check the caller ID, Abduljabbar my older brother was calling.

Yes?

MAMA has been calling me all morning. Please call her back or pick up your phone I don't really care just end this torture.

I can't. Not when I know she'll just nag on and on about how I pushed my family away since I married Aleema.

I get it but please just go see her. You can tell her you're in a rush but just do something. I call her every two days so I can avoid it so don't put this burden on me.

Fine. I'll pick up next time she calls.

Thank you. How are you doing?

Just trying.

Having fights already? Did she find out about Ramla?

Yeah but she can't prove it and it's not like she knows about Ramla specifically.

Someone knocks on my door.
"Come in".

She's driving me crazy.

I raise my head and see Ramla standing with a smirk on her face.

I'll call you back.

Did she come in?
Okay let's talk next week.

He laughs and ends the call. That's what happens when your brother is 11months older than you are.

I stand in front of my table and lean on my hands.
"You didn't call last night".

I smile.
"I was teaching a relative".

"That same girl? I told you she likes you".
"Don't get jealous and say stupid things, she's like a sister".

"Okay, let's say I believe you" she walks over and holds my hand "What are you going to do about it?"

I smirk and stand walking away. "Let's leave that for another time"

"Okay. The files you gave me, Usman came and collected it saying it was never yours to begin with"

"What?! This guy is really testing my patience!" I storm out.

.

I park and come out of the car.
Our neighbour Fadila was outside leaning on our front door.

"Ghaffar" she smiles.
"Fadila what are you doing outside?" I ask noticing a huge ceramic bowl in her hands, it looked heavy.

"The guard told me Aleema is in so I decided to wait here".

I smile "You should have called her instead of waiting outside, give me that, it looks heavy". I say collecting it from her.

"Thank you" she giggles. "I called her about ten minutes back and she told me she'll come out soon".

I huff "Let me open it". I delve into my pockets and get the house keys but before I could open the door Aleema comes out with a frown on her face.

"What are you doing here? Why are you flirting with my husband when you have yours?"

"Aleema!" I call her.
"Ghaffar you don't see it but I do, she's always here giggling and flirting with you but you don't notice." she turns to Fadila "You and your bowl should leave now" she says and walks back inside the house.

Fadila stares at me looking both surprised and embarrassed.
"I'm sorry, she usually has mood swings. Let me walk you to your gate" I keep the bowl on the chair right by the door and walk with her.

.

"Are you demented? Or are you just plain stupid?" I ask Aleema when I enter her bedroom, she was watching.

"What did I do wrong?"
"She waited ten minutes for you outside with that bowl, you could have at least created an excuse".

"You're exaggerating".
"Exaggerating?"

"I should be the one getting angry, you left so you can escort her home?"

"Are you serious? You don't feel bad?"
"Why should I?"

I huff.
I might have married a crazy woman.

She smiles and links her arm with mine.
"Let's stop all these arguments, I want to be happy again. I even made your favourite food".

I stare at her.
I think this woman takes me for a fool.

"Why are you looking at me like that? Let's go eat" she says beaming with smile.

"What do you take me for? Do I look stupid to you?" I ask.

"I'm sorry if I did anything wrong".
"If? For two weeks now you have been making my life hell because you suspect I'm cheating and for your sake and mine I avoided you. Now you do something and you still expect me to just forgive you? You're not even remorseful for what you did to Fadila".

She pouts "I'm sorry baby".
"Don't do that, don't think you'll just pout and think everything is fine".

"Okay I admit I was hysterical about you cheating but I'm not sorry for what I did to Fadila. Please let's leave her out of it".

I huff "You're making me sick" I walk out.

.
.