* Chapter Ten *

I sat down looking at Mami. She looked seriously bothered.

"Mami, what's wrong?" I ask.
"I'm worried about your sister" she Admits.

I raise my eyebrows confused "Why?"
"Because she's 27years and still not married. Lately all she ever does is go to her friend's weddings. Last 2weeks it was Raziqah and this week its Laila. I'm worried".

"Mami stop worrying about that. Everyone has his/her time. We can't rush it. Look at me, I'm married now aren't I?"

"Yes but it doesn't mean I'm okay with Muhibba getting married at 29years too. She doesn't even have a stable boyfriend fah".

I hold her hand "She will, soon".
"Jamal was 9years when you finished your secondary school, you didn't even finish it early. I'm a mother I have to worry".

I smile "Don't worry, I'll hook her up with one of Ghaffar's friends" I assure her.

She smiles "Anyway how is Ikram?"
"She went to a friends house".

"Becareful with that girl" she warns. She's overreacting but if I say it, I'll never hear the end of it.

"Alright".

.

"You seem excited" Jamal says driving.

Yes, he knows how to drive now and I've been hearing him say it nonstop for 2weeks, it's annoying.

"I do?"
"Nah"

"Then why did you say I did?" I ask.
"Because you'll stop smiling and look miserable trying to pretend that you're not".

"Shut up, what do you know?"
He laughs.

"You people think I don't know what I'm doing just because I'm younger".

Actually Jamal is our step brother, she had him when she remarried, that's why the age gap is alot but it doesn't matter because whatever it is he is still our brother.

He parks outside "Aren't you coming in?"
"I have go to pick Muhibba at the airport".

"Oh okay. Please don't drive fast, don't kill yourself" I warn.
"I gotchu" he answers.

I think this boy feels its not ten years but ten days between us.

I enter the compound feeling both excited and relived to be back in my house. I miss it and most especially I miss Ghaffar, I'm sure he misses me too.

I walk over to the door, I was about to open it when I heard laughter coming from the living room. If it was Ghaffar's alone I'd be okay with it but there was a girl's laughter too.

I open the door widely.
Ghaffar and Ikram sat down looking at me like I was crazy. I get it I didn't knock or make my presence known before opening it but what the hell is Ikram doing back already?

"You're back" Ghaffar says walking over to hug me.

I smile "Yeah".
"I thought it'd be tomorrow. Welcome back home" he collects my suitcase and walks in with it.

I sit on the couch staring at Ikram.
"What are you doing back already?"

She smiles, differently.
"I got back yesterday".

"Didn't you know I'd be back today? Why didn't you wait?" I ask. Something is up I might not know what it is but it's bothering me.

"I had an emergency and Ghaffar helped"

"Yup" he says walking but instead my husband sits next to her, not me.

"Really? Why didn't you call me? I could have helped".

She laughs, Ghaffar looks at her and smiles.
"It was late and your parent's house is a bit too far, don't you think?".

"Yeah. We didn't want to bother you, especially Ikram. Anyway we made lunch, why don't you eat?"

"We?" I ask.
"Yeah, Ghaffar helped me in the kitchen. We made Rice and stew".

He smiles proudly "You've been complaining when cooking isn't even hard".

"I'll go in".
I go straight to my room.

The look Ikram had has been bothering me, badly. I didn't even know what to do.

.

She stares at me.
"Something is definitely wrong".

I shake my head "Never better".
"That's what I expected but that's not the case. I thought after you came back the romance would continue and this time stronger than ever".

I scoff.
"Aleema? Tell me".

My best friend Hauwa decided to visit me, its the first time since I got married and although I might not sound like it I'm actually ecstatic to have her here.

"Ikram, something is going on with that girl. I don't know why I feel she's planning something".

"Why?"
"She chooses what to cook, she cleans the house, she cleans even Ghaffar's room, she is always with him when he's back, in fact she now gets along with his mum, I heard them talking on the phone the other day".

She makes an O with her mouth, surprised.
"No wonder she was talking like this house belongs to her. She's insane".

"How did this happen? You have to do something about it as soon as possible".

I Bury my face in my palm frustrated.
"What? How? Ghaffar is now attached to her? She's become like his friend".

"But how? How did it get this bad? Do you think she really didn't go to Halima's house and stayed?"

"No. Ghaffar would have said something and the gate man said she really didn't come back until the night before I arrived and all that attachment couldn't have happened in a span of 8hours".

"Send her to your parent's house, as soon as possible but don't make it obvious".

"I won't".
"Aleema I know you, whatever you do, do not make it obvious that it's because of their attachment. For once in your life calm yourself and do things the right way".

"I know".
"I hope so"

.
.
.