Chapter 4

Your P.O.V

⚠️ contains spoilers for Book of Murder! ⚠️ 

It was a quiet night. It rained and the wind sang as it rustled all the leaves on the trees outside. It was now the next morning, and it was still raining, but now there was also a large thunderstorm. Today, Ciel is suppose to host a small party for some people, one particularly of the queen's choosing. Me and Anne sat in the library, reading, laughing, and making jokes, that was until a certain someone interrupted us...

"Miss Aburaya, Lady y/n," the butler came in, "terribly sorry to interrupt you two, but it is time to get dressed," Sebastian said. I groaned. We both got up and I cursed him out under my breath. I helped Anne get dressed. 

"Y/n, I picked out a dress for you!" Anne said. 

Anne pulled out the dress. It was a dark red, with black lining.

"It's so poofy thoughhh!" I whined.

After about 5 minutes of arguing, Anne won... and I put on the stupid ass dress...

"How do I look...?" I asked.

"You look amazing, y/n!" Anne said.

"Let's just go..." I mumbled annoyed.

As me and Anne walked down the halls of the manor, we talked about who we thought would come to the party. I guessed the famous opera singer, and for some reason Anne guessed her old friend Snake. Anne hadn't seen Snake for 3 years now.

"I'm truly sorry, but I do not believe Snake will be here tonight. What even made you think of him?" I asked.

"I just have a feeling," Anne smiled. 

I hummed in response. We had made it to the bottom of the stairs. Slowly the room filled with people. One of the last people being the famous opera singer, Lady Irene Diaz, and her fiancé, Grimsby Keane. I looked at Anne and smirked.

"Um, do excuse me, but who are you?" A business man asked me and Anne.

"I am Anne Aburaya, and this is lady y/n," Anne said politely. 

"Oh! You are the daughter of Lady Aburaya? I worked with her a couple times," the man said. "Oh, please do excuse me, my name is Lau, I am the lowly businessman, this is my sister-in-law, Ran-Mau," Lau said. 

"Very nice to meet you," Anne said as she greeted new people and Lau as well. 

Lau was talking to a gentlemen named Arthur, and was telling him what Ciel was like. It seem Arthur got the wrong impression. Then Ciel walked down the stairs with Sebastian.

"It doesn't look like our guest of honor is here yet," Ciel said as he looked around the room from the front of the stairs. Just as he finished...

"My lord, the special guest is here!" A maid named Mey-rin said. 

Just then the doors opened to an older man named Georg von Siemens, and the queens butler/knight. Ciel, Anne, and I escorted Georg to the dining room. 

There, all of us talked, that was until after Georg got a had a little to much alcohol, and started flirting and stuff with Anne. Anne pushed him off and that pissed him off, so he threw his water at her. Before she got wet and splash, I stepped in front of her. Grimsby was maddened by this, so he threw a wine bottle at Georg. As the bottle was in mid air, Sebastian caught it and made a fountain.

 Everyone in the room gasped. Ciel and Mey-Rin talked and made sure Anne was alright, while Sebastian helped dry me off. 

"Are you alright? That was quite a dunking," he asked. 

"I'm fine," I said in my usual monotone blank voice. 

After I was dry we went back to the party. Me and Anne sat out though at a table. "Are you alright?" I asked Anne. "I should be the one asking you that!" Anne said worryingly. 

"It was just water," I said, Anne just gave a sigh of relief in response.

Word count is 714 I hope you all enjoyed the next chapter of this series! I don't really know when I'll be posting for if I'll be posting much. I'm kind of self conscious of my writing, and a lot of us are having a bad time in times like this. Sorry for this inconvenience, but stay safe, and stay happy! ❤️ -Charlie