Chapter 9

Your P.O.V

⚠️ SWEARING ⚠️ 

Oh my god... Is he ever going to shut up!?... I thought as I sat there, trying to ignore Sebastian. 

This is a stupid idea.... but whatever... I just hope it works... 

.

.

.

I grabbed Sebastian by his collar thing, and put my lips on his for a quick second...

"Do you ever shut up!?" I yelled. 

Just then I had realized what I had did to shut him up. I stood there dumbly for a second before quickly walking out the door. I walked to the stairs and down them and out the door into the woods that were in front of the mansion. 

I leaned on a tree as my face was bright red and screamed and cursed on the inside. 

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god...! What the fuck was that!? Why am I so stupid...? Holy shit.... aaaaaaah.... oh god I can never talk to him again... what do I do now!? I cursed and thought. 

I got up and started walking in a direct of a certain reapers house. After about 30 minutes I made it. I knocked on the door, and a guy with long red hair opened it.

"Waaaah... Grell I need help...!" I whined as I hugged the reaper.

"Darling, what happened to you?" Grell asked.

Awhile later. . .

"Darling... you mean to say, you kissed a boy to shut him up and then realized you kissed him?" Grell asked in disbelief, meanwhile Ronald was laughing in the background.

"Ronald shut up... and y-yeah...." I mumbled hiding my pinkish face.

"Darling, just tell me, what we're you thinking at the time?" Grell asked me.

"I just wanted to shut the guy up! He was annoying me..." I protested but mumbled. 

"Why can't she just apologize?" Ronald asked.

"Shut up Ronald! That's not how this works!" Grell yelled at the blond reaper who slowly backed away.

Grell turned around after scolding Ronald. He looked at me dead in the eyes, but not creepily.

"Darling, if you want, you can always avoid him, I don't know how long you'll be able to, but you can give it a shot," Grell suggested

"That's... actually not a bad idea..." I thought. 

It had probably been more than 8 hours since I left the mansion. It was now dark. I went back, and crawled in through Anne's window.

"Y/n? Where have you been!?" She exclaimed.

"Out. Now shhhh, I don't want them to know I'm here right now, especially butler," I whispered.

"Why? Did something happen?" Anne asked.

"You could say that..." I mumbled... in the end, Anne made me tell her everything that happened.

"So your saying your just going to ignore Sebastian cause you kissed him to shut him up but didn't realize it..?" She said, I just nodded my head. 

"Okay, I love you, your my best friend and like family, but that is stupid," Anne told me.

"I know...." I muttered.

"Whatever's, if that's what you wanna do, then go ahead," Anne said, grabbing a deck of cards, "butttttt... since your here..... want to play go fish?" She asked smiling.

"Hell yeah!" I yelled quietly.

Meanwhile. . .

Sebastian's P.O.V

Hmm... did she mean to kiss me...? Does this mean I technically won the challenge? I hummed.

 I stood in my room, that was until my lord called me. I quickly walked down the hall, when I passed Anne's room I thought I could hear two different voices, but I had to attend to master. I opened the door to his study.

"Yes, my lord?" I said.

"Sebastian. We have a new case. I want you to inform Y/n that she will be helping," young master said.

"Of course, my lord," I said as I walked out.

I do recalling a voice that sounded similar to Y/n's in Lady Anne's room... I'll check there first... I thought as I walked down the hall.

I knocked on the door.

"W-who is it?" I heard from the other side as well as scrambling and a loud thud.

"It is me, Sebastian the butler. Are you alright? I heard a loud thud," I said as I waited at the other side of the door. 

The door opened to reveal Lady Anne.

"Ah, yes, I uhm... I just had dropped my book cause you startled me is all," she said.

"Oh. My apologies. Have you seen Ms. Y/n?" I asked.

"Y/n... oh! Uh- no, no I haven't! She might be out-...? With Ronald or Grell...?" Lady Anne said, sounding unsure.

"Hmm. Alright. Thank you, have a good night," I said as I walked away and heard the door close.

I stopped once I made it down the hall and turned. I could have sworn I heard something heavier than a book fall... like a human... then scrambling... Lady Anne didn't sound to sure of herself either. I'll go check Y/n's room... I walked down the hall again.

Before I made it to Y/n's room I saw her turn the corner.

"Y/n!" I called to her her attention. In return she just flinched before running off. This happened a few more times until the next morning. 

I knocked on my lords study.

"Come in," I heard from the other side, I opened the door and stepped in.

"Oh? Sebastian, what are you doing here," my lord asked me.

"For some reason, Ms. Y/n seems to be avoiding me. I can't get within 15 feet of her before she runs off. So I have not been able to inform her," I told my lord.

He signed before standing up. He walked out and I followed him. We walked down to Y/n's room. I stood out of site but close to the door. My master knocked on the door.

"Wh-who is it?" We heard a quiet voice from the other door.

"It is me, Ciel Phantomhive," my lord said. 

The door opened a crack, then all the way.

"U-uh, yeah? Did you need something, Earl?" Y/n asked.

So she's just avoiding me... why...? I thought. By that time my lord had finished telling Y/n about the mission. 

Y/n's door shut and young master walked towards me. I followed him back to his study. He entered the room and I shut the door behind me as my lord sat down.

"It seems she's only avoiding you. Do you have any ideas why?" My lord asked, looking at the newspaper.

I thought for a minute, "only one, my lord," I said.

"Okay, and what is it," my lord asked me.

"Me and Y/n have made what's called an, 'Oni kōbi shiken' my lord. It's like a test, or a half way contract without an actual contract," I told him. 

My lord just hummed in response, "you are dismissed," he said before I left and closed the door behind me. 

That could have been awkward... now, to find out why Y/n is only avoiding me... could it be because of the kiss? I signed and turned down the hall, just waiting for the events that would follow for tomorrow.

Word count 1213 words. Another chapter is out! Also, if you wanna look up that little saying sebastian used, you are more than welcomed too. It's Japanese. -Charlie! 💜