Fifteen: Alice

I was up at the courts in La Push for what seemed like hours. I decided not to go to Emily's today even though yesterday was fun I didn't want to push it. Then I hear a voice behind me, one I haven't heard in weeks.

"Cailyn?" He asks. I look behind me at the boy. He was even bigger than last time, at least 6'3 or 6'4 and his muscles had grown too.

"Ateara!" I exclaim rushing over to him. He hugged me and he felt warmer, but not as warm as the other boys. "I haven't seen you in forever." I sigh into his chest.

"Yeah." He utters. "I've just been on my own for the past couple weeks." I knew how he felt, somewhat. I wish I could tell him the truth so he doesn't feel so terrified. We played one on one for about an hour, he beat me of course.

"Guess what's coming in the mail today." I say as we put our regular shoes on.

"What?" He asks.

"My adoption papers!" I squeal. He gasps.

"That's amazing Cay!" He says and gives me a huge hug. I start to tear up so I wipe my face off with the collar of my shirt. Ateara always reminded me of Cam, we could go weeks without talking and then talk as if we haven't ever stopped. I haven't talked to Cam in a bit, I'm sure he's fine though.

I give Ateara a ride home and go back to my house. I park the car in my usual spot and head to open the door. When I walk in I hear cluttering coming from the kitchen.

"Whose there?" I ask. Charlie wouldn't be sitting in the dark and Bella is too clumsy for that. "Who are you?" I say as I turn on the light to see a petite girl with black hair and a pixie cut.

"Where's Bella?" She asks. Her figure is absolutely flawless. Her perfect pale skin and golden eyes stare at me. I look hard for a single imperfection, but I fail to find one. She's perfect, more perfect that any movie star, almost surreal....supernatural.

"Get out." I order. Her face is solid.

"Where's Bella?" She repeats.

"Bella's in La Push." I say. "Now who are you?"

"I'm Alice." She says, holding a gloved hand out for me to shake. I still stand there, gripping the straps of my bag. "A friend of Bella's."

"I know who you are." I grit. Then my phone rings in my back pack. I get it out of the side pocket and answer it. It's an unknown number.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Don't go home." The voice commands. I recognize the voice as Sam's. "Jake told me there's a leech there. Harry Clearwater's just passed away. Your father is at his place." And then he hangs up. I look over at the girl, knowing I guessed right and my stomach drops. Then Bella races through the door.

"Alice, oh, Alice!" She says, throwing her hands around the girl. Alice looks stunned as if she hit a brick wall.

"Bella?" She asks, confused. Bella started sobbing and they sat on the couch together. I know knew that I couldn't leave Bella here with her, even if there was a treaty in place, but then again I should be conserved of my own safety. I have to stay with Bella.

"It's okay, Bella. Everything's okay." Alice assures.

"Yes," Bella bawled.

Alice sighed. "I'd forgotten how exuberant you are," she said, and her tone was disapproving. I can't believe she just said that out loud. Alice's neck was tight, straining away from Bella, her lips
pressed together firmly. Her eyes were black as pitch.