Chapter 4

Julie was far from impressed with the four ghosts that were somehow in her home studio. She angrily looked at them as Luke beamed brightly at his band and new ghost friend.

"He likes our song" He smiles

"Oh. He doesn't count. He's a dad" Alex mentioned trying to prove a point that wasn't there

Amelia on the other hand was still shocked that Ray was able to see her for a split second, she was so confused. She had so many questions and literally no answers.

"He could see me, how could he see me?" Amelia mumbled to herself

Amelia's attention was turned to Julie very quickly as she noticed the glare coming her best friend's kid. She nervously looked at the boys as Julie shut the door to the studio.

"Why can't you be normal ghost?" Julie angrily yelled "go haunt a mansion or something...I heard Pasadena's nice!"

With that she slammed the door, leaving the four ghosts to look at each other in sadness. Three of them not understanding why Julie was so upset, the other knowing that it could be out of frustration that out of all the ghosts she could possibly see it was three random dudes and her dead aunt. It was them and not her mom. Amelia shoved her hands into her black skinny jeans and took a deep breath. Luke noticed the girls sudden mood change and looked towards the door where Julie just left.

"I think she's warming up to us" Alex stated

"Yeah, I've always wanted to go to Pasadena" Reggie agrees

Amelia let out a slight chuckle and shook her head.

"We might have to go, if she won't let us stay," Alex told them

"She gotta let us stay" Reggie muttered "we have nowhere else to go"

"I'll go talk to her" Luke said just before vanishing out of the room

This caused Amelia to whip her head in the direction of where Julie left. She knew pushing Julie more wouldn't end well. Reggie and Alex looked at the girl's freaked out expression.

"Is he trying to get killed again, Julie doesn't need this" She exclaimed before vanishing like Luke

Reggie and Alex turned towards each other and shrugged before following Amelia's suit. "Might as well follow the action" Reggie thought to himself

When the three ghosts joined the conversation Amelia immediately noticed the desperation in Luke's voice.

"Look, I'm sorry we came into your life, but what I felt in there actually makes me feel alive again" Luke explains to Julie "we all felt alive again, your Tia included. So you can kick us out if you want. We can play again, that's a gift no musician would ever turn down. Think about Amelia, she's been by your side for years. Are you really gonna kick her out that easily?"

Amelia looked at the two ghosts behind her and held out her arm.

"You two stay put" she informed them

Amelia appeared beside Luke and pulled him slightly away from Julie. She glared at him as she held onto his arm.

"Give it a rest Luke" Amelia spoke "you can't change her mind"

Luke shakes his head and pulls his arm away from Amelia's grip. He turned towards Julie and gave her a pleading look. He needed her to understand.

"But she has to know that." Luke started before turning back to Julie "clearly your mom is into music"

That was the comment Amelia didn't want Luke to make. She glanced at Julie sadly and appeared beside her in an instant. She looked at the sky with such sadness, she could feel the sadness radiating off of Julie. Amelia dealt with her own version of grief, she watched her best friend grow up and live. Only to watch her die, not even been given the opportunity to join her on the other side. After years of waiting to be noticed, she said hello and goodbye way too quickly.