Chapter 27

Third Person POV

[January 15, 2046, Neverland Forest]

"SUNSHINE?!" Ray shouts in panic as he looked around desperately looked for Sunshine. "SUNSHINE!"

Sunshine landed harshly. Her wound stings and she let out a harsh 'oof' as she touched the gauze pad. She let out a curse as she felt the blood seeping through the gauze.

"Ow!" She hissed.

"Sunshine?" A voice asked. Sunshine recognized this as Gilda's voice.

"Gilda!" Sunshine called as she stands up. "Where are you?!" Just then, someone grabbed her, making her shriek and panic, causing her to flail her arm around and hitting the one who grabbed her.

"Ow!" She recognized the voice as Don, so she quickly apologized, her eyesight still not used to the dark. "It's okay." He said and grabbed her once more, hoisting her up. Her eyes adjusted in the dim lights, making out some silhouettes.

Above the roots stood a panicking Ray, a worried Emma, and two scared kids, namely Thoma and Chris.

"Sunshine-" As Ray took a step, the roots underneath his and everyone's shoe broke and opened, revealing a deep abyss.

"What-" Her voice was cut off when all of then fell in the abyss, the roots above closing immediately. They landed harshly. As they opened their eyes, all they see were pitch black. Their sense immediately heightened and tried to sense the others. Emma quickly hoisted Chris up.

"Chris, are you okay?" Emma asked worriedly at Chris. 

"I'm okay!" Chris replied. 

"Ray! Thoma! Where are you?!" Emma shouts in the abyss. Just then, he heard some frightening shouts.

"AAAAAGHHH! There's BUGS!!"

"DID YOU HEAR THAT?! WE'RE FINE!" Ray shouted back. Emma and Chris sighed in relief before blinking rapidly, their eyesight now getting used to the dark. He saw Ray near them and Thoma flinging the bug away from his clothes. Chris spotted something glowing so e tugged Emma.

"Look, Emma!" Chris pointed out. Emma looked at the light

"Emma?" She heard a faint voice that she recognized as Gilda. Her body tensed as she shouted back.

"GILDA!" Many new voices were heard but the loudest one is what she recognized as Sunshine.

"Emma? Ray?!" Sunshine shouts. Ray looked at the silhouette before sprinting to the voice.

"Sunshine?!" Ray shouts. He recognized the silhouette running towards him so he opened his arms and braced for the impact. He let out a groan when Sunshine collided at him but he didn't comment. He wrapped his arms on her neck and hugged her, just as Sunshine wrapped her arms on his torso, hugging him back.

As if on cue, the surroundings lit up with colorful lights coming from the plants and bugs inside the cave made out of tree roots. They stayed like that for a while, soaking each others' presence. After pulling away from each other, Ray cupped, Sunshine's cheeks and rests his forehead against hers.

"I thought I lost you." Ray murmured under her breath. "I'm sorry." Ray said genuinely, making Sunshine frown at the double meaning. 

"It's okay, Ray." Sunshine said quietly. They both stood there silently as they felt each other's presence, ignoring their surroundings. Suddenly, Sunshine pulled away and looked around, sinking in the unfamiliar ecosystem. "More importantly, look around."