4

I kept trying to get to know Virgil, seeing if he was someone who deserved to be killed. If he wasn't, I'd pretend I did, and let him live, if he was, well... you get it.

After I asked his name, we'd talked for a bit, I noticed he had a few space stickers, so we started talking about space for a while. We seemed to get along well. I got his number and we continued to 'hang out', as they say.

Everyday, I fell harder in love with him. I hadn't realized it, but I was.

One day, I was called into my boss's office. It made me nervous, because maybe he'd figured out I hadn't killed my target and would kill me.

I was sitting in the waiting room, panicking a little. My name was called and I was even more scared.

"Hello, Logic." My boss said.

Logic was the name I'd chosen to have as my alias. It was what my clients called me. It's what my coworkers called me. I didn't want them knowing my actual name, that could ruin everything if they let slip anything.

"Hello, sir." I replied. "You asked to see me?"

"Well, I heard that your target, Virgil Storme, is still alive." He said. "Why is that?"

"I haven't been able to get him alone yet in a space where I wouldn't be recognized, and I do not want to kill people who aren't my target, so I refuse to kill any of his friends." I'd thought about this last night. It wasn't exactly a lie, I'd been alone with him. I considered him a friend, so technically he hadn't been without a friend.

"Alright. You need to get him alone at some point." The boss said.

"I will, I promise."

I always complete my missions. This one wouldn't be any different.

It wouldn't be any different.