5

Well of course, that what I thought.

I put off killing him for weeks.

'Not the right time'

'Still want to know the motives'

'He had something that he should do today'

Were examples of things I'd thought, anything to just not kill him, though I wasn't ever going to be able to. 

As the weeks went by, I realized finally that I couldn't. I couldn't do it. I couldn't tell anyone either. If I told him about my both of us would be killed. If I tried to quit, I'd be killed. If I told them I couldn't do it, we'd both be killed. Not a good selection. 

But he was so beautiful. 

I had to approach him about it. But in a way that wouldn't get both of us killed.

"Hey, Virgil?" I asked one day.

"Hmm?" He asked, turning back to me.

"What do you think about getting out of the country.... permanently?" I asked.

"Well I mean it kinda sucks here, if I had enough money for it, then I'd go for it, why do you ask?" He asked.

"Well, What would you think about moving with me?" There was a pause and it might've been one of the most nerve wracking situations. Well, that's a lie. One of them, though.

"Is this some kind of weird way of asking me out?" Virgil asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I- Uh... Maybe?" I said. I'd never thought about it that way, but Virgil was very... pretty.

"I mean, yeah, I'll go out with you, Lo." Virgil smiled at me. It was the most beautiful sight I'd ever seen.

"G-Great, w-well, uh... London seems cool, why not move there?"

"Why, though?"

"I- Uh... It's a secret, I can't tell."

"Are you part of some like secret FBI thing?" He asked me.

"Nope." I replied. It was the truth. 

"I mean London sounds cool, yeah." He said. 

I was thankful he'd agreed with no more questions.

So we made a plan to get out of here.

I'd had a friend in 9th grade, Patton. He'd moved to London and had recently contacted me, which was where I'd got the idea. I'd mentioned moving, and he told me a house had just been put up for sale in their neighborhood so I'd bought it. 

We were going to escape.