The song Hi lo by: Half the Animal

Hi it's @Arkat09, I know I am working on another book right now but I heard this song which is now one of my favorites and literally couldn't think of a better song for this idea and couldn't resists. It fits so perfectly with the timeline and the words match It so well so I hope you enjoy. (The plot is the only thing I own.)

Bold is the song. normal is the story.

Marinette POV
As I walk down the big Paris streets I plug I'm my headphones and press play. I almost cry when the song starts, it hits me like a brick. But still I can't help but silently sing along.

I got a feeling I'm a puppet on a string
They're controlling every part of me

I remember how my class tried to control me and make me do all of there chores. Then how Lila used my friends to try and control me, being the idiot I was I thought they would stay with me and believe me no matter what, that she would never take away my friends.

I get suspicious of the people on the street
Is everyone coming after me?

I still wince at the thought of what they did to me, now I take note of everything and everyone around me thinking they may attack me at any moment. They beat me up and through stuff at me, thinking they were teaching me a lesson for supposedly bulling Lila. Even if Lila was bullying me I wouldn't wish that on anyone, I am still scarred both physically and mentally.

Hi lo, never leaving on a hello
All day, coming up and down so constantly

My mood changed so constantly I couldn't be happy without being sad or mad after. I never talked to my classmates anymore, and I could even say hello without being accused of things, I never got to just say hello and leave.

Hi lo, if I only took the high road
One day, everything might work out nice for me

I thought that maybe if I had taken the high road life would have been better, how agreste always pushed it on me telling me after he watched the class bully me to just take the high road, it's not hurting anyone, and my akuma form would have been week so don't even think it matters if you get akumatised. But I never went on that broken road.

You think you know but
Oh, they won't say the worst things to your face

I thought they were my friends, my family. But they spread rumors and called me things when they thought I couldn't hear, it even happened a bit before Lila came. I was starting to shatter.

And it hurts like hell
But we hide it so well

Then I became We. Someone In my class felt the same. Chloe only bullied people because they called her rude things and tried to beat her up, she became a target again when Lila took over. Sure all of it hurt like hell, but we had eachother.

Oh, they won't take your secrets to the grave

I had lost what little feelings I had for Adrian, I just acted how I did because I wanted to hide who I was. The class told Adrian how I had liked him, and he rejected me in public. I was really just disappointed in my class, and a bit embarrassed. No one knew my actual secret except Chloe, that I was pan.

And it hurts like hell
But we wear it so well

We started to wear our pain on our sleeves, we owned it and became our true amazing selfs. Finally leaving Francis du point, well we we're expelled. But our new school looked past that because of the principle,she knew how incompetent our principal was.

Yeah I got issues testing everyone I meet
I'm sure they'll get the best of me

Ever sense that school I tested everyone's friendships afraid of being betrayed again so did Chloe. Turns out kagami went to that school but she soon became one of our best friends. And I slowly warmed up to her.