Chapter 1- Moving In & Violins

Just a heads up: When you see bolded words, those are her thoughts in the moment.

Ok. Enjoy the Story :-)

__________________________________________________________

"Ladies and Gentlemen, please make sure your seatbelts are fastened as we begin our decent into London and thank you for choosing to fly with us today"

I wake up with a start from the nightmare I was having. They seemed to be getting worst but I shook my head and tried to calm the headache beginning to form.

I looked out the window and down into what was now going to be my new home. It was definitely a change of scenery from Boston but I would get used to it sooner or later. I still couldn't believe that the moment I had been dreaming about my entire life was finally happening.

I still remember the day my obsession began. I was watching an interview with a famous writer who was from England. I remember hearing his accent and how he spoke in such a way that you couldn't help but listen to everything he had to say.

I was twelve when that happened and from that day on, I became obsessed with everything English from their food to tea to Shakespeare. Ultimately this is what influenced me to pursue an English degree at Harvard. I worked my butt off and graduated top of my class. Although, it wasn't hard for me to do so, due to my heightened senses I've had since I was little.

I still don't know exactly why I have them but I let that go years ago. It's worked to my advantage so far, why question it now? Although it did make it difficult for me to make friends in school. I still remember getting blacklisted for being too black or observant or being called a teacher's pet anytime I answered a question or just for looking neutral whenever I was insulted or shoved against the wall or had my phone stolen.

I look down and try to stop my eyes from tearing. I shake my head remembering where I was.

"Stop it. This a new start for you away from it all. New country, new start." I whisper underneath my breath.

I released a breath I didn't know I was holding as I stepped off the plane into my new home. I walked out the building and called the moving company that was supposed to deliver my things. As I was dialing the number, I tried to hail a cab. Right as one pulled up, a man in a briefcase hopped right into the back.

"Um excuse me, this was my cab."

"And now it's mine, cheers darling."

The man closed the door and the cabby pulled away. I took a deep breath and tried to calm myself and the headache beginning to form. I called for a new one and finally talked to the movers before pulling up at my new flat. I stepped out of the cab and watched the moving van pull up. I went straight to my landlords room and got the keys. I let the movers into my flat and allowed them to do their job when my phone rang. I looked down to see it was my brother.

"Hello?"

"Hey there, now that you've moved, you can't call your brother?"

"I literally saw you at the airport yesterday, you dork" I said, rolling my eyes.

"Yea yea, I know. I just wanted to make sure you landed ok. Nothing happened on board, right?"

"If you're referring to my panic attacks, no, nothing happened. I'm a big girl now, I can take care of myself."

"I'm your big brother, it's my job to worry."

"I know I know. I'll be alright, K"

"Ok, I'm trusting you. So how's the new "Flat" looking?"