Chapter 8-Cab Chases & Pill Choices

"River, now where are you going?" I heard John's voice as I was putting on my coat quickly.

"John, I need you to keep tracking that phone!" I yelled back at him, throwing the door of 221 open, running out to the street only to see Sherlock and the Cabby pulling off down the road.

"Shit. TAXI!" I yell, not taking my eyes off of the cab. "TAXI!"

Not paying attention, I run out into the middle of the street and almost trip over myself as I hear a loud honk and the screeching of brakes come from behind me. I quickly turn and run to the cab that has stopped behind me, throwing open the door and shutting it quickly.

"What in the-" The cabby starts before I cut him off

"Yes, I know, I'm sorry for shocking you like this, but there is no time, I need you to follow that cab, immediately!" I yell at him before pulling out my phone to text Sherlock.

"Listen lady, I'm off the clo-"

"No offense sir, but if you do not follow that cab, there is a high chance that a man is going to die. Now, do you really want that upon your conscious?" I snap back at him while sending a very passive aggressive text.

Sherlock Holmes, I hope you have a damned good explanation for this otherwise, there's gonna be some problems when I finally catch up to you.

RM

"Are you going to explain what's going on here?" The very irritated cabby said glaring at me through the rearview mirror.

"I assume you read the papers, yes?" I asked sarcastically staring down the Cab ahead of us.

"Of course I do."

"Well, The "serial suicides" are very much serial killings and my very idiotic yet brilliant counterpart decided to hop into the cab with the very one doing the killings." I spoke with a very sarcastic tone, trying my hardest to push away any horrible thought of what I could be walking into.

"I'm sorry? You mean to tell me that we are chasing a serial killer?!" The cabby spoke with a very panicked tone.

"Yes, I do believe that context clues would show that to be a true statement. Do try and keep up." I speak quickly before looking up and freezing.

I notice Sherlock turn and glance behind him, towards the cab that I'm in. We lock eyes and I know immediately.

"Do me a favor. Slow down a bit." I asked the Cabby not breaking eye contact.

As the Cabby slows, I watch Sherlock as he tugs his ear...

Cheeky Bastard

I close my eyes and zero in on the conversation of the cab in front.

"I was warned about you." The serial cabby responds.

What?

"I've been on your website, too." He said snidely. "Brilliant stuff! Loved it."

"Who warned you about me?" I heard Sherlock's deep voice ask.

"Just someone out there who's noticed."

Well that's not terrifying at all.

"Who?"

The conversation goes silent.

"What are you doing?" I hear my nervous Cabby ask.

My eyes fly open as I try to think for a moment.