Chapter 7- The Phone & The Taxi Driver

"No, that's..." Sherlock trails off. "That's not right. How."

"Sherlock?" I stand up walking towards him.

"Why would she do that? Why?" he continues to question.

"Why would she think of her daughter in her last moments? Yup, sociopath, I'm seeing it now." Anderson responds from the kitchen.

Sherlock and I both turn and look at Anderson with disgust.

"She didn't think about her daughter. She scratched her name on the floor with her fingernails." Sherlock starts. 

"She was dying, and yet she used the last bit of her strength to scratch a SIX letter word into hardwood. That takes effort and causes more pain than she was already in." I finish with a scowl on my face. Sherlock walks over towards the window and begins pacing back and forth trying to think.

"You said that the victims all took the poison themselves, that he makes them take it." John restates to us as I watch Sherlock pace back and forth trying to list reasons in his head. "Well, maybe he... I don't know, talks to them. Maybe he used the death of her daughter somehow. "

I try to comprehend John's words. He could be on to something but it still feels like a huge chunk is missing. I walk back to the small sofa and put my head in my hands. I try to picture being Jennifer. What she was feeling, how she was feeling, I try to understand why she fought instead of just going out as peacefully as possible.

She knew her fate the minute she walked in that house.

I start to feel small tears leave my eyes and I keep my head in my hands, refusing to let them show, knowing it would throw Sherlock off.

"Yeah, but that was ages ago. Why would she still be upset?" Sherlock questions.

The room goes quiet as the realization of what he just said hits him and everyone else.

"Not good?"

"Bit not good, yeah." I hear John reply to him.

"Yeah but, if you were dying," I hear Sherlock semi-whisper. "If you'd been murdered, in your very last few seconds, what would you say?"

"Please, God, let me live." I hear John reply.

"Oh! Use your imagination!" Sherlock responds.

"I don't have to." John states.

There is silence again.

"Yeah, but if you were clever, really clever."

"Maybe now I'll be happy? The pain can finally end. It's not as cold and dark as I thought. Please let it be quick. I can continue if you like, I have more." I reply lifting my head up, showing my face to the boys and looking at Sherlock.

I watch John and Sherlock finally turn and notice me. I see concern reach John's eyes and face but I can't really read Sherlock's. It just dropped but it held so many different feelings it was hard to pinpoint one. For once, I wish I knew what was going on in his head.

"Are you...crying?" I hear Anderson say from the kitchen. I snap my head towards him.

"Yes, surprise surprise, I have feelings to match my wit." I snap at him with a sad sadistic smile on my face. I turn back towards the boys and wipe whatever tear streaks that were left on my face. "Stop looking at me and think Sherlock. Jennifer Wilson running all those lovers, she was clever." I state walking towards them.

"Riv-"

"Shut up, John. Not now." I snap at him. "Sherlock. She was trying to tell us something. What was it?"