Epilogue

"You see, Orion is one of the most famous constellations we can see in the night skies. You don't need a telescope to see it, it's pretty easy! You just have to find the three stars in a straight line, and if you see that, then you have found Orion. Legend also says that he's one of the greatest hunters to live!"

It was ultimately Shanice's turn to explain about the constellations to the mass of people, which was steadily increasing in size. Elliot remembered that there were just a few teachers watching alongside his classmates and their parents, but other people started flocking in. Some younger kids settled down in the front, admiring the projections of their constellations as their jar slowly spun around.

However, despite Shanice's enthusiastic tone, her legs slightly trembled and her voice somewhat faltered. She even noticeably flinched when some people started throwing in some questions, while her eyes creased with worry. It wasn't a surprise though, since she had been admitting her nervousness to Elliot and Andrew before the real deal.

"Don't worry! I can do this, trust me!" Shanice had exclaimed, trying her hardest not to worry the boys. Regardless of how much she insisted, as Elliot observed, Andrew decided to step forward and stick beside her, fully prepared to intervene whenever Shanice couldn't respond to the tough questions.

Elliot faintly breathed out, before he carefully scanned through the sea of unfamiliar faces. Well, certainly not just unfamiliar, it was just that he barely interacted with some of the kids and the teachers who never taught in his classes. However, the boy halted when his gaze landed on one particular man, whose face was obviously never foreign.

Dad.

Even in the dim lights and standing a few inches away, the boy could clearly see a brilliant smile spreading across his face while his eyes behind his glasses softened. At the sight of his affectionate father, he couldn't contain himself from returning the favor, and so he decided to broadly grin back. Dad was evidently amused by his greeting as he was chuckling quietly. 

Dad... he's finally happy again...

It had been almost a month since the day Dad was discharged from the hospital. Since then, he had completely changed into a whole different person. He was no longer the depressed man who rarely batted an eye on Elliot, let alone pushed away all of his advances. His presence was on a full swing, making sure not to miss the opportunity to greet and interact with his son.

Not only that, but he was finally taking care of himself too. His pale skin regained back most of its original colors as his appetite slowly shot up the charts, his beard was completely shaven clean and his hair was waxed and combed. His preoccupied scowl was no longer a part of him, as it got chased off by his affectionate smiles and laughter.

Dad's slowly recovering all thanks to Mr. Zheng and Ms. Fairchild. Elliot's shoulders loosened. I should be thankful for them.

Speaking of the two, they had also been making frequent visits to their home, checking on both of their conditions. Occasionally, Mr. Zheng would also open the fridge... probably checking for any signs of beers, although Dad claimed to have thrown all the remaining traces away.

When Shanice had finished explaining everything with Andrew's assistance, Elliot immediately strode into the spotlight, grinning as he waved at the crowd. The trio ultimately ended the presentation in an awesome note, as they bowed simultaneously while people broke into applause and cheers. Shanice's shiverings had completely ceased down as she stood sandwiched between the two boys.

This is definitely the best science presentation we ever had! Elliot rejoiced as he danced inwardly. It's all thanks to Shanice's awesome idea too!