Chapter 1: History

Once, there was a kingdom, a kingdom that flourished for a shorter time than it should have. The Seven Seas were ruled by a husband and a wife who were the light of the kingdom of Narnia.

The creator of their kingdom made the lands flourish and brought their closest friends to the land for the safety of the country. The families were more than happy to be a part of their new world and one of the families was the Iyer family, though they got different names later on. Flowers and birds spread the entire land and time was the only enemy that they had to face, till evil showed its true face and their names were buried deeper than all the shells in the ocean. But for as long as they lived, the family was happy and satisfied with what they had. 

They had one daughter, who was born with the blessing of the High King and Queen. The Court Secretary was delighted when the baby princess was born, for he foresaw that she would one day, with the help of others, be the reason for the safety of Narnia.

One day, without the knowledge of their true lineage, the rulers of Amayah sentenced two prisoners to lifetime imprisonment for the treason that they had committed. The woman was banished to the Seven Seas while the young man was locked in the darkest cell of the dungeons. When they checked up on him the next day, the young man was found hanging in his cell with no note or reason for him to do so.

But alas, all good things must come to an end one day or the other, even if it is far too soon. The kingdom faced the rage and turmoil of a newcomer who had powers beyond what they could have imagined. When she entered the castle in the middle of the day, she cursed the rulers to a life that I wish upon no one, as she separated them from each other and tortured them to fulfill her satisfaction in her own way.

The couple fought against the Witch by siding with the High King and Queen and wanted revenge for their daughter, who was cursed by the Witch to turn into a small red-breasted robin. She was just a wee baby and that made all the stakes higher.

The High King and Queen sought out their most trusted person in their inner council, the Court Secretary Coriakin, the star. But he too was very new to the intruder of the kingdom and did not know her true powers or that she wasn't alone.

The newcomer stormed the capital castle, but it wasn't the same person, for this one had the exact opposite powers that the first one had but it was no less traumatising. She brought the castle down but before she could get her hands on the royals, they had escaped.

Days passed by before they could come to a final decision, one that had everyone worried and surprised but one that was known to be necessary. "We can't send her away, Farhan," Queen Helen pleaded as she held her newborn baby girl in her arms.

"We have to, my love. We have to," he replied as much as it pained him, kissing her forehead. The unnamed baby was holding her father's fingers with a very firm grip and refused to let go, making him chuckle softly. Tears threatened to fall down from his eyes but he would have to be brave for both the beautiful ladies he was blessed in this life. "She looks exactly like you."

"But she has your eyes." The baby cooed as she tossed about in her sleep and seeing her do so made her mother cry silently. "Will she be safe?"

"She will, dear ones," a voice answered.

The rulers lifted their heads and saw the young star along with the someone that they never thought that they'd see again. "Aslan." King Farhan knelt before the great lion himself.

"Rise, King Farhan. You've done a great duty towards your country and to me. But I'm afraid that the Tree of Protection has been poisoned beyond repair and there are foreigners in this land." Aslan spoke.

"What must we do?" The Queen asked.

"Coriakin confided in me what he told you." The lion answered.

"Will it work?" The father asked, directing it to both the rightful ruler of Narnia and the star that stood beside him with his head bent low.

"I will cast the spell myself," Aslan promised. "But you must know the consequences if you go forward with this. I cannot predict if her future will be happy but I will be able to shape the future of the people here, people you have been responsible of. An unseen force has taken over my land and it is up to me to decide on the ending."

"What is it?" Helena asked, wanting nothing more than the safety of her daughter. They couldn't protect their goddaughter but they wouldn't make the same mistake once again with their child.

"I will be banished," Coriakin spoke up.

"Why?" Farhan asked, shocked to hear those words coming out of the star who was always the happy one.

"One must not know the misdeeds that a star can commit," Aslan warned them. "We can send the baby right away."

"Right away?" Helen cried out.

"The sooner the better, my love," Farhan consoled her. "We knew that this was coming."

"Bring her to me," Aslan said calmly.

The rightful husband helped his loving wife stand up as both of them held onto their daughter while walking towards the majestic ruler. They sat down on both of their knees in front of Him and were looking at their newborn. "I cast thee into the world where you will know me by another name." Aslan kept a paw on the newborn as he started to bless her. "You shall be watched over by the stars themselves and one day, when the time is right, you shall return to this world - your home." He breathed over the baby and a small lion-shaped mark appeared on the back of her neck.

"Will she be happy?" King Farhan inquired.

"That is not for me to decide or for you to know. Now, it is time."

"Oh baby," Helen said as she kissed her daughter one last time, knowing that their end was near.

"She'll be safe," Farhan assured her, his faith unparalleled. "We love you very much, dear."

"You'll live, baby girl."

*****

Hello! Welcome to the first novella in the Legacy Saga! I'm super excited for you to read this story. It hurt to begin with this chapter but it was inevitable. Many of you have wondered what exactly happened between Sophie when she was sent away and this is the answer!

I hope you enjoy this book!