chapter one

Mumbai railway station

Khushi is waiting in the railway station along with Payal. Payal has come to drop her. Khushi is going home for puja vacation on the strict instructions of garima.

Payal- yaar khushi why do you have to travel by train. You can take flight naa. It is would have been safe for you.

Khushi- you know na payal. Even though I have money from a part-time job, I want to save it. Moreover, if I travel by train then I have to stay in Lucknow for a lesser number of days. You know naa I can't face all that for long, it will hurt me.

Payal – ya true. If you go by train that will take 2 days, so you will have to stay there for only 3 days. Okay, baby, you take care of yourself. Please call me and come back fast.

Khushi- done! I Will be back in another 5 days.

Payal and Khushi hug each other and Khushi boards the train.

Arnav walks into the railway station with a backpack. He is on a call with Aman.

Aranav- ya aman I have reached and will board my train.

Aman- yaar arnav why are you doing this? It is craziness. You know na it is not safe for you to travel by train without security.

Arnav – yaar Aman calm down. I don't know why my heart is asking me to take this train today in place of the jet. I will be in touch with you throughout. Don't worry. I will be fine. No one would recognize me.

Aman – I just hope so. Fine buddy cant win you in an argument. You just be safe. I will meet you in Lucknow in two days.

Arnav – okay

Arnav boards the train and takes his seat. He sees a young girl occupying the seat in front of his. For the first time, a girl with her simple looks could captivate him which world-class models failed to do. His heart and mind both unanimously have stuck themselves to the girl sitting in front of them.

Trains start to move, khushi who has been looking out of the window till now looks at the man sitting in front of him. She keeps staring at him with a thought - 'I think I have seen him somewhere'. then she facepalms 'Khushi yaar, how can you meet a man you are meeting for the first time. relax and enjoy the train journey, as it is the calm before the storm that is gonna hit me as I reach Lucknow'.

Arnav looked at the girl, he could easily decipher her initial shock after looking at him, her confusion, her contemplation, her chiding herself, and them her wide smile as if she had a eureka moment. All the expressions of her face mesmerized him. The attraction which he was feeling was becoming stronger.

Arnav finally decided to strike a conversation with Khushi.

Arnav – Hi.

Khushi(shocked at the way the stranger started the conversation)- Hi

Arnav(let's see if she recognizes me) – I am Arnav

Khushi- oh! sorry Hi I am Khushi gupta.

Arnav – (confused) what happend

Khushi- I think I have seen you somewhere, leave it.. my mind is playing it seems. 

Arnav – excuse me

Khushi- (giggling) nothing ignore my blabber. I am talking nonsense.

Arnav – gives a confused look

Khushi- Nothing baba. 

Arnav(smiling to himself at the innocent girl in front of him)- you are cute.

Khushi- excuse me?

Arnav – nothing. So what do you do?

Khushi –Why do you want to know about me?

Arnav – Just like that. Don't get me wrong. I just wanted to have a conversation.

Khushi – oh( thinking true we will be on this train for the next 16 hours if we have a conversation this journey shall also pass).

Arnav - what happened? Any problem?

Khushi – Nah! I am doing fashion designing from FIT, Mumbai.

Arnav- oh! Which year?

Khushi- final year.

Arnav – nice! What are you good at, Indian or western?

Khushi - I love designing wedding collections.

Arnav – (gets mesmerized seeing the twinkle in Khushi's eyes) OH!!

Khushi - yeah

Arnav - okay, so you are from Lucknow studying in Mumbai?

Khushi (looking at him strangely) -I hope you are not a blackmailer or someone harmful who is asking me all my information to trouble me later?

Arnav - No just curious to know. I can tell you everything about me if you want.

Khushi - yeah we can play 20 questions, we both can know about each other in that way.

Arnav - 20 questions?

Khushi - yeah! 20 questions, You ask me a question, I answer and you yourself give the answer to that question. then I will ask you a question and will give the answer after your answer. 

Arnav( Wao, If anyone sees me playing silly games with a girl I just met it will become the headlines for tomorrow.) Smiling to himself he says- Okay Khushi lets start, you ask the first question.

Khushi - okay let us start. 

this is the first part, if you all like it will continue this story, please let me know if you like it and want me to continue.