chapter two 20 question

Arnav(thinking, whare have I got myself? If anyone sees me like this they are gonna laugh on my face. but the smile on Khushi's face... I have met her just now but I feel like bringing the world to her feet)(sighing)- Khushi you start the questions.

Khushi(laughing with glee)- okay! so first question, what do you do?

Arnav - I am a buisness man

Khushi - oh! nice.. As I said earlier I am a final year fashion designing student. Now your turn..

Arnav- whom do you love the most?

Khushi - My amma and babuji. I love them the most. I talk to them every night. I wish I could see them in the day too.

Arnav - You will meet them when you reach Lucknow right.

Khushi- Offo, How can I see stars in the day?

Arnav(Confused) - Stars?

Khushi( stating an obvious thing) - yeah! They passed away in a car accident  10 years back. I believe that those who die become stars,  so  I talk to the stars and feel that I am talking to my mama and babuji.

Arnav (feels a pang) goes all silent.

Khushi who sees a silent Arnav (puts a smile on her face) hey, it's ok. I have accepted the reality of my life and have come to terms with it. 

Arnav - You are one strong girl. 

Khushi - (Smilling) that I am. Now you answer your question, whom do you love the most?

Arnav (sighing) My mama

Khushi - Aww. Mama's boy..

Arnav(putting a small smile) - now your question

Khushi - Oh yeah! where do you stay?

Arnav - I stay in Delhi. but, I keep traveling for my business.

Khushi -  Oh! I am basically from Lucknow, but currently staying in Mumbai for my studies. 

Arnav - Hmm.. so you love Mumbai more ya Lucknow more?

Kushi - Mumbai yaar, obviously.. I wish I never have to go back to Lucknow.

Arnav - why

Khushi - Long story, summary is I don't want to meet the people I have in the name of a family in Lucknow. But don't have an option.

Arnav all concerned You will be fine in Lucknow right?

Khushi - yeah! I am there for only 3 days. that won't be much of a problem. don't worry. By the way you the only one after Payal whom I have mentioned about the problems in Lucknow. It's surprising how I met you just now still feel like talking to you.

Arnav(giving a knowing smile) To tell you the truth, you are the only girl apart from my sister with whom I have conversed on a personal front.

Khushi - really? Are you saying the truth or is this your pickup line?

Arnav (feeling hurt) - This is the first time I am talking to a girl and definitely it's not a pickup line. If you don't believe me you need not have to talk to me.

Khushi (realizing that Arnav is hurt)- sorry yaar! It's just that I am shocked at the way I am feeling about you. so I said whatever came to my mind. I am sorry if I hurt you. 

Arnav (Realising that Khushi is being honest) Hmm.. ok. I appreciate this honest Khushi.

Khushi- thank god! by the way, did anyone ever tell you that you have anger sitting on your nose.

Arnav - I am a short-tempered person Khushi, I can't help it.

Khushi - It's okay. everyone can't as cute as me.

Arnav(smiling wide) true you are cute.

Khushi starts blushing. Then remembering something

Khushi- ayyo! we were playing and we got diverted from the game. who asked the last question?

Arnav - leave the game lets talk simply.

Khushi - Ok!

They kept talking and sharing bits and pieces of their lives throughout the journey. 

Finally on reaching Lucknow

Khushi-  that's it then. It was great talking to you arnav. you are the first person who was a stranger to me yet I shared so much about myself with you. 

Arnav (sighing) -Khushi, I know I am asking too much but can we stay in touch? I would love to stay in touch and meet you later. 

Khushi - Ok I don't mind as long as you don't trouble me.

Arnav smiling - If calling and messaging is going to be trouble then I am gonna trouble you.

Khushi blushing - My number 95xxxxxxx7.

Arnav - smiling widely saves the number and gives a missed call for Khushi to save his number. 

Khushi - Bye Arnav.

Arnav - bye Khushi. If possible meet me before leaving Lucknow.

Khushi - I will try. 

With that two strangers who met and traveled a small journey parted. Let's see what happens when Khushi meets her family.