CHAPTER 4

Rotface ran towards the body of Jem and knelt down beside him. He was still breathing, but barely. Rotface remembered the stimpacks he got of the guards. He stabbed one into Jems leg, Jem took a sudden sharp intake of air. "AGGGGH" shouted Jem "MY LEG, MY LEG". "What are you going on about, it looks like the explosion barely scraped you?". "What........... ohhhhh that's why it didn't hurt." "What the hell" said Rotface angrily "I just waisted a stimpack on you." "Oh well sorry I really thought my leg was missing" said jem sounding annoyed. He got up with ease and began walking away from the crater. "What, where are you going" shouted Rotface as he ran to catch up with Jem, they began walking and talking. "Well" began Jem "I promised to pay you if you distracted those guards some time ago." "And.." said Rotface. "I'm just going to pop by Novac to collect the money" Said Jem. "How do I know your going to bring the money back" said Rotface in confusion. "Well, you don't, and that's why your coming to!" Rotface knew all about Novac, it was a small town that idolized toy dinosaurs, The town traded the stuff the scavenger team would find at the ROBCO building near Novac, Rotface wasn't sure they would let a ghoul as himself in. "Are you sure they will let me in?" asked Rotface. "Oh yes, yes there lovely people who will except anyone in, well unless the a Legionary." said Jem "Actually" said Rotface "How much did you say you would pay me." "Aw, my little recruit wants to ruin the surprise for himself? Well if you insist. The amount of money iiiiissssssss......." Jem slowly faded his voice away. "WHAT" said Rotface "TELL ME NOW". "Well, don't get to upset if its not as much as you thought. Its err 20 caps......... I'm not the richest guy in the wasteland, and that's all the money I have, I'm really sorry Rotty". "Oh, that's ok, The most money I ever had was 12 caps, It was an honour serving you." "Thank you Rotty, that's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me." Jem wiped a tear from his eye. As the sun began setting it silhouetted the two friends walking together.