CHAPTER 5

Jem, and Rotface were coming up to a valley on there walk to Novac. They were going to walk right through the rocky valley. "I know this place" said Jem "Its got two powder gangers camps on the top of ether side." The powder gangers were a ruthless group who robs anyone who comes into there territory. The one thing that was really annoying about them was there love for dynamite. "what are we going to do then?" Questioned Rotface. "Well, there's no other way around, so I guess we have to sneak though." said Jem "Follow my lead". Jem ran ahead and put his back to the side of the valley, the valley was very steep on both sides so it was possible to do this. "Come on keep moving" said Jem as he sprinted to a small cave about 10 feet away. Rotface ran over and said "How far now?". "Hmmm about another 100 feet or so" said Jem. "I think we can make a run for it if we make a beeline for the exit. On my mark....3...2...1...RUN!" they both began running down the valley as fast as humanly possible. While running Rotface heard a voice call out. "GET THEM". The next thing he knew was that dynamite was being thrown at them. Then out of nowhere  he got hit hard on the head. Rotface had no idea how this person had snuck up on him. Rotface fell forward and hit his poor head hard against the rocky floor. the attacker put his foot on Rotface's back and pushed him hard down. Before Rotface passed out he saw Jem pull out a carbine assault rifle and begin shooting at the enemies. There were 5 powder gangers in total Jem managed to get his aim just right to stick 30 5mm bullets into one of them before also being knocked out. Then everything went dark.