Chapter Eight

I got home from Hogwarts for Christmas break two weeks ago and was enjoying my time with my parents. Although, they were acting odd and secretive having hushed conversations and abruptly cutting them short when I would enter the room. I didn't think too much of it and just wrote it off as "adult" conversation.

Today was the day my parents and I were attending the the Christmas ball at the Malfoy Manor. My parents gave me my Christmas gifts this morning since I wouldn't be with them on Christmas Day. My mother bought me an expensive wardrobe filled with more high fashion winter clothes. And my father bought me a beautiful expensive emerald ring.

"This ring is to sit on your finger to symbolize the first man you ever loved. I love you sweetheart, and I'm proud to be your father. Don't ever forget it." He said gently, giving me a kiss on the head. I teared up at his words and thoughtfulness.

My mom also bought me a gown to wear for the ball tonight as a Christmas gift. It was a stunning emerald green with a low cut plunging neckline and open back.

I styled my hair in dramatic curls and did my makeup

I finalized the look with my black strappy heels and gathered my things so my parents could have the house elves take it to my room in the Malfoy Manor

I stepped down the stairs and my mother gushed over how beautiful I looked saying Draco wouldn't be able to keep his eyes off me.

"Well he better be able to keep his hands off. That's still my little girl." My dad said with a pointed look.

With that, my mother and I shared a look and giggled before grabbing each of my dad's arms so we could disapparate to the manor. When we arrived in front of the large black gates of the home, memories flooded to me of the other balls we've attended in the past. I couldn't stand Draco back then and always thought he was an arrogant git. But looking back now, it all made sense. Whenever I would dance with a boy at these balls, he would make it his personal goal to ruin the experience. Now I knew it was just jealousy. And it was kind of cute to think about.

My parents and I entered the large mansion as many others were arriving as well. When we walked through the doors, Narcissa, Lucius and Draco were standing there greeting everyone as they entered. When Draco caught sight of me, he smirked and ran his eyes all over my body before giving me a charming wink. Narcissa saw me and rushed over, pulling Draco with her.