A Long Name!

: when you have a long last name. 

ℜ𝔦𝔡𝔡𝔩𝔢 ℜ𝔬𝔰𝔢𝔥𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔱𝔰

ℜ𝔦𝔡𝔡𝔩𝔢 ℜ𝔬𝔰𝔢𝔥𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔱𝔰

Riddle didn’t think you’d have such a long name when he first looked at your student application at Heartslabyul. The amount of hyphens and foreign names would give him a while to pronounce and call you by.. Was it a family tradition to have you keep all of those surnames in one last name, he’d ponder to himself. 

His curiosities would wind up in him researching about particular cultures that do this type of thing. Though, it would come to the point where he’ll come to dead ends.. Looks like he’ll have to ask you personally about this.. 

To your amusement, you’ll tell him all about the history of your last name. Your culture carried a long history of doing this and it would pass on to descendants as a way to show the family branch. This would impress Riddle incredibly and intrigue him about your family history. 

He’d thank you for this information with a smile, upon realizing a new piece of information and personal history about you. 

𝔏𝔢𝔬𝔫𝔞 𝔎𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔰𝔠𝔥𝔬𝔩𝔞𝔯

Leona looks at your student application for Savanaclaw with a blank face. What is this weird name you have on your profile? He’d ask Ruggie if he knows anything about this strange thing - assuming that he knows anything about it. 

Ruggie would say a comment about this, thinking that you’d have a better explanation than he does. Leona is too lazy to ask, but he’ll make a note to do that if he wants a clear idea. Your long last name on print makes an amusing sight if he could comment about it. 

Something in the back of his mind would somehow make a short cut with your name, a sort of acronym or an intriguing word that stands out with him. You’d have to get used to him calling you something like “Vasquez” (with a slight Spanish accent) or “Celine” (slipping in his tongue), because it is what he’ll call you from now on. 

And that name would stick with you for the rest of the year, with some students calling you as well. Sure, there is one day you’d give him a lecture about the history about your last name, but he’ll continue on calling you one part of your last name since it sounds pretty to him. At some point, he’d finally say your real name. 

αzυℓ αѕнєηgяσtto

When Azul looks into your full name in your student application, he is quite surprised. He had never encountered a student with such a lengthy name like that. Perhaps humans have an interesting way of preserving their family history like this, he’d think to himself as he finishes up his paperwork. 

What would happen is up to Azul - he’d probably spend some of his time looking into human cultures that may carry this type of tradition. If there isn’t much to look up on, he would have to reserve some time to talk to you. 

There is something about your last name that intrigued him - the foreign tongue your name seemed to belong, a world he has yet to know of. He wouldn’t dare call you by the last name, since it’ll be long and tedious for him. 

Finally, he’ll ask you about your last name. He’d love to hear the whole history about it, from the beginnings if you can tell him that much. 

кαℓιм αℓ-αѕιм

Jamil would encounter your name first, thinking it as a sort of oddity before him. Before long, Kalim would eagerly catch on, thinking this as an exciting fact about you. As intricate as his culture can be, he can only fathom what soy of history your name seems to have. 

It was here that both Kalim and Jamil ponder upon the enigma of your name. Was it a family tradition to have your name long like this? At some point, as a way to make things easier, they’ll make some sort of cool nickname for your last name. 

You can like or hate it, depending on how much they use it. Kalim would use this new nickname of yours a little too much for your liking and you’d have to ask him to stop. Jamil would apologize if you’re uncomfortable by it, but the bottom line is they really want to know about your family background. 

Kalim is the most eager to find out about your family history, noting from your long last name. Admittedly, the culture behind his last name may not be as cool as yours, but he just learned something new about you! 

۷ıƖ ʂƈɧơɛŋɧɛıɬ

Vil is quite curious upon this oddity of a last name. He had come across some strange names in the past, with students hailing from the Land of Pyroxene, but never had he seen such a foreign name as this one. Well, he can certainly approach you on this at some point. 

For now, he doesn’t want to get into your personal business of what may be a family tradition on passing on names from former ancestors. As interesting as your name is, he might try to pronounce it as a challenge.. He won’t admit that your name rings a sort of charm of it. 

Well, he is intrigued upon the nature of your name, but he’ll like to hear the details of your last name from your mouth. At some point, he’ll try to research on the nature of your last name - what type of language it may be and what kind of tradition it embodies.. 

Different languages to him, are intriguing to him and he’d spend some time doing some research about this. However, his research would come to a halt when he hears about your story on your last name. Everything would bring some intrigue to him, the beauty of your last name ticking him off as a sort of charm. 

ɪᴅɪᴀ sʜʀᴏᴜᴅ

Idia would take a minute to look at your name. Like, what the heck is the name thing going on in the roster? He’ll give your profile a double take just to verify if it is you on the student profile. Never had he seen such a long name as yours.. 

On second thought, he seen a lot of souls with similar names as yours, but he didn’t pay them any mind. The young man would look at your last name with a dumbfounded expression at his face. 

He’d pour in hours and hours of research on his computer, contemplating on where did you get this name from. What he could gather so far Is that many cultures often use this tradition as a sort of way to show your family tree. At some point, he’d just get really confused. 

Idia would need to hear it from you if he really wants to get some sort of answer. You may not know much about your family history, but it is worth something to listen to..

𝐌𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐮𝐬 𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐚

Malleus had no idea how humans like you could have such a lengthy name like this. What an interesting discovery, he’d think to himself as he looks over paperwork with Lilia. The two fairies would give your profile another look later to inspect your name. 

With Lilia’s sparse knowledge about human culture, it would take them a while to realize on the different traditions your name seems to uphold. Could it be that your family wanted to remember the ancestors through this tradition? 

This would bring a very interesting question during dinnertime with the nature of your last name. Often would Silver and Sebek would get entangled in the fairies’ banters about your name. Like, they cannot wrap their head around the enigmatic nature of your very name. But, it would be a matter of time until you tell them the truth about it. 

When you finally approach them with some sort of story about your name, they’ll learn with earnest. Hearing about your personal history about your name is a beautiful and intriguing thing. After all of that, they’d reach to a conclusion: your last name embodies a rich and interesting culture of your family.