Chapter 4

Things you need to know
Bsf/n = best friends name
Y/n = your name
Duke = Duke
*...* =text message/thoughts
A/n = authors note

Duke:hey it's okay. You can tell me anything I will be here for you no matter what.
I see Y/n begin to tear up again.

Y/n: Okay well this all started off when I was only 13 years old. That was the first of many incidencess that happened. I thought it was a one off but it happened again and again. He wouldnt stop.

Duke: who? What happened?

A/n: ⚠️this next part may contain triggering content that involves physical, mental and sexual abuse and talk of abortions as well as talk of suicide please dont read this if you know this type of stuff triggers you. Also there will be swearing (only 1 time)⚠️
Also i gave up on the *...* being thoughts becase I just couldn't do it. I got to distracted and it made no sense so that's why when there are thoughts I didnt put the stars around it.

Y/n: my brother, the one person I thought I could trust. I was 13 and he abused me. Not just physically and  mentally but sexually to. I was 13 the first time he...

I pause for a moment or two while I think about all the times he abused me, the amount of times I spent locked away in my room.

The first time he abused me physically It was the day of my 13th birthday  I was having a small party with two of my best friends. We were all ready for bed when suddenly my brother knocks on my door and tells me he needs to speak to me so I tell my friends I will be one minute. I shut my door he takes me downstairs and he starts spitting at me becase I made a mess on the floor. He started shouting at me "CLEAN THIS FUCKING MESS UP NOW!" "IF YOU DONT CLEAN IT UP IM GOING TO DO ALOT WORSE THEN JUST SHOUT AT YOU" that's when he started hitting me.

I stop for another moment all the memories coming back to me all those days I would spend at home waiting for my bruises to heal. I look at Duke and he gives me a reassuring look. I carry on.

He went on to do much worse then that. It started off with him swearing, spitting and hitting me but after a while it started getting worse. He would wait till our mam and dad left so it would be just me and him in the house ALONE together. He came into my room one day and that's when he did it the first time. I wont ever forget what hes done to me. He started grabbing my wrists and he tied me up to the bed and put a gag in my mouth. He stripped me naked and started touching me all over. It went from him jsut touching my neck to him going further and further down my body. He would do this everytime our parents left us alone but one day he decided he wanted more then just to touch me. I was now 15 so this had been going on for so long. He told me if I told anyone he would kill me and the people who knew about it.

I start breaking down in tears I just couldnt control it. I sat there with Duke for about 10 minutes just crying until he calmed me down and told me that I fidnt need to tell him if I didnt want to so I told him I needed to tell him about this. I carry on explaining what had been happening, leaving out alot of the detail.

he locked the door liek usual and tied me up on the bed like usual but this time he started taking off his pants. And he... he raped me. I just remember seeing all the blood on the sheets since he had "popped my cherry". I was so embarrassed and ashamed of what had happened I sat in my room for days with the door locked. I couldnt eat I couldnt sleep. That one moment was all I could think about and how dirty it made me feel. I felt violated, I felt disgusting in my own body. I tried to tell my parents but they didnt listen to me, they told me I was being stupid and that my brother would never do that. So since my parents didnt listen I went to the next best thing, my best friend. There would be nights where I would stay over at her house just to escape my brother. Not long after, I fell pregnant I knew I couldnt keep the baby so I aborted it and he still doesnt know that i was pregnant, he can never know.

I was uncontrollably crying now. I almost started shouting my words. I took a deep breath and carried on explaining what had happened.

When I was 16 that's when it all went down hill. Things started to get worse. He would rape me multiple times a week, ge would abuse me physically, and he would say thing like "your disgusting" or "your so fat you need to loose weight" I jsut got so fed up with all of this so that's when it happened... the day of my 16th birthday I locked my self in my room and began cutting my self, it was like a release from everything. I felt as though I was free even if it wasnt for long I still felt as though I could escape everything. It didnt last long, I felt like I needed something more substantial to help ease the all the pain I was being put through, not only by my brother but by my self, I was putting my self in so much danger and I never knew it would get to the point where I couldnt even go 1 day without hurting my self. One day I just had enough so I wrote a note and although it killed me deep inside I knew, or atleast I thought, it was the only way out, i went to the woods and i took a few packs of paracetamol. And the next thing I know I wake up and I'm in the hospital, there were so many wires attached to me. I couldnt  understand why I was still alive, why i was still here. I managed to get out of the hospital a week later but they transferred me to a phyc ward. I was in there for a while but when they let me out I only went back to my daily routine of harming myself. No one knew I was doing this to my self not even bsf/n. After all that happend my parents still didnt believe me. They thought I was doing it all for attention, i met up with my best friend and i told her everything, we decided it was best if i stay at hers on school nights and I go back to mine at the weekend. And when I turned 17 you can only guess what happened next. I did it all again this time I took cocaine, 3 packs of paracetamol and I drank a whole bottle of whisky. And yet again i woke up in the hospital and the process of me 'getting better' started all over again. I was in the phyc ward until I was 18 and to celebrate getting out of the phyc ward I went to a party. I took cocaine I smoked weed and I drank a lot of alcohol and I ended right back into the  hospital and just last week I got out of the phyc ward again. I promised my self that after the first try I wouldn't need to try again because I would be successful but clearly I wasnt.  I jsut wish that someone would believe me

Duke: hey look at me. I believe you. I know we dont know eachother that well but I just know, I can jsut sense that you wouldnt lie about something like this. I will always be here when you need me to be. You can count on me, even if no one else believes you, just know that I always will.

Y/n: thank you

I lean towards him and he hugs me. We just stand there as he strokes my hair hugging me so tightly. I felt safe in his arms. It was at that moment I just knew he was gonna be 'the one'. As we stand there I cry becase I know that there's finally someone who believes me. I just feel so happy yet so sad I cant even begin to describe my emotions any more. Duke let's go of me and says he has a surprise for me. He goes into another room and I'm left standing alone only for a moment or 2 before he comes back dressed in his full willywonka outfit.

Y/n: I uhm wow.

I didn't know what else to say. He just looks so much hotter in red. When he is in anything red, oh my. I think red and black are deffinatly his colour.

A/n: okay so this might be the longest chapter I will ever write (so far idk if I will contine to write the long chapters unless you want me to) but here it is. I hope your enjoying the book so far. I'm so sorry if I triggered anyone. The next chapter will be alot more positive. I love you all, I hope your having a great day/night.
The word count for this chapter is 1647 words.