Moving Day

Play the song when I say

(Foxy's POV)

"Foxy...", my Mom said, coming into my room.

"What?" I asked, plainly wiping the tears from my face and looking at her.

"I got a new job that will be nice to have. It will help us pay for a lot of things." She sighed, "Like a new house in a town called Albany, Oregon." My eyes widened. "That town is just outside of Corvallis, where my new job is." She said

"Why is San Francisco fine?" I asked.

"I know you like it here, but we are moving there and we are moving today." "So start packing!" She said, leaving the room. I looked at the ground, thinking about it. Oh no, that's where my so-called "friends" moved to. I sighed and started packing and getting dressed since I wasn't yet. I put on a black sweatshirt, black jeans, and grey shoes. I then grabbed what little I had in my room and walked out.

When I got out, there was a moving truck parked in our street, gathering important stuff. I saw mom packing the car for the trip, so I jumped in the back seat with our dog Moose and dropped my belongings on the floor. Once mom was done packing up the car, we drove out of the driveway. I took one more look at our small house as we sped away. Once we were on the interstate, I put some headphones on and listened to some music. The song that came on was one of my favorites, Monsters by AllTimeLow. I started bobbing my head up and down as the music played, humming the lyrics.

Play the song now.

Why do all the monsters come out at night?
Why do we sleep where we want to hide?
Why do I run back to you, like I don't mind if you f**k up my life?

Another day, another headache in this hangover hotel.
I'm gettin' used to the rhythm. Yeah, I know this beat too well.
Tunnel visions have made me believe that you are the only one I see, but I know what I'm missing when I'm swimming.
In my solitary luxury

I'm wondering, why do all the monsters come out at night?
Why do we sleep where we want to hide?
Why do I run back to you, like I don't mind if you f**k up my life?
Why am I such a sucker for all your lies?
strung out like laundry on every line.
Why do I come back to you, like I don't mind if you f**k up my life?

I'm addicted to the way you hurt, the way you contradict me.
I swear everything looks worse at night. I think I'm overthinking it.
I don't care who I might hurt along the way, I'm f**kin'sinking.
I'm into every word. I don't care if you're lyin' when I'm drinking.

You can lead me on and leave these questions in my notes.
I'm under it. I made my bed and I'm still wondering.

I'm wondering, why do all the monsters come out at night?
Why do we sleep where we want to hide?
Why do I run back to you, like I don't mind if you f**k up my life?
Why am I such a sucker for all your lies?
strung out like laundry on every line.
Why do I come back to you, like I don't mind if you f**k up my life?

I'm thinking about you, and you're in my thoughts.
Even without you, I still feel dead.
Why do I run back to you, like I don't mind if you f**k up my life?
I'm thinking about you. You're in my head.
Even without you, I still feel dead.
Why do I run back to you, like I don't mind if you f**k up my life?

I'm wondering why all the monsters come out at night.
Why do we sleep where we want to hide? (Hide)
Why do I run back to you, like I don't mind if you f**k up my life?
Why am I such a sucker for all your lies?
strung out like laundry on every line.
Why do I come back to you, like I don't mind if you f**k up my life? (F**k up my life)

Like I don't mind if you f**k up my life.

After the song ended, a few others played until I looked up and saw a sign that said: "Welcome To Oregon!" I looked back down at my phone and continued to listen to some music.

(Time Skip)

After a while, we arrived at our new home, which was much larger than our old one. It had two floors, a large living room, a nice kitchen, and everything. "Why don't you go look at your new room?" mom suggested. I nodded, grabbed my belongings, and ran inside to my new room. It was nice. It had its own bathroom and shower, as well as a balcony.

"I think I might kind of like it here," I said to myself and started to unpack. Once we were all settled in and after the moving truck came by, I decided to go to the gas station to get some snacks, so I grabbed my wallet and keys and started walking to the garage where we parked my car after the tow truck dropped it off.

"Where are you going?" Mom asked me to look at her.

I shrug as I walk out the door, start my car, and drive off to the gas station I noticed while we were pulling in, passing a moving truck parked in front of a house while people were unpacking. "I guess I'm not the only new person," I think to myself as I continue driving.

the second chapter in one day, and I'm about to start the third! Although this will not become a normal thing, just so you guys know. Also, I'd love it if you commented on this about anything I should change. I'm always open to suggestions, but again, don't be mean about it.

Bye!!