Finding the Past

(Mangles POV)

The dismissal bell rang, making everyone sigh in relief, but then I heard the door open. I looked and saw Foxy rushing out. What is going on in that fox's head? I thought.

(Time skip)

I pulled into my driveway and sighed I still couldn't stop thinking about him. When I walked in, I noticed Mom sitting on the couch, watching something. "Oh! Mangle, you're home! " She said, a bit surprised, "How was your first day?"

I thought for a moment, "not great." I admit, walking upstairs to my room and flopping on my bed, I heard a knock on the door, "Come in." I yell, and the door opens and mom steps in.

"What was not great about today, honey?" she asked.

I sighed and sat up to look at her. "A boy," I stated unequivocally.

"Ooo, what's he like?" Mama asked, sitting next to me.

"His name is Foxy Rover." He is a loner and has been kind of a jerk to me all day. I sigh. Mom looks at me confused.

"Rover, Rover, ah yes, Rover." I looked at her confused.

"Do you know who he is?" I inquired (side note: her mother is a reporter, and they used to live in San Francisco a long time ago before moving away, but not to the location of the story).

Well, not really, but I knew his father. He was a cop. They lived in San Francisco as well before we moved away. She looks at me. "I have not heard from the Rovers for a long time."

"Did you ever write any stories about their family?" I consider how she might know what happened in the past. I ask.

"Why do you ask?" She says, grinning at me.

"I think something happened in Foxy's past that changed him." I say, looking at the floor "Earlier at lunch, I saw him punch someone in the face at the table he was sitting at. Then he stormed out, and I followed him to the roof even though it was pouring rain. " I explained to Mom.

"What happened after that?" She asks

"I talked to him and he said that the people at that table were his friends in the past and that they brought up a sore subject from the past." I'm looking at her now.

Well, in that case, I guess I can look and see if I have anything.

"Thanks, Mom!" I say

"Come on, let's go and look!" She yells, dragging me behind her.

(Time Skip)

It took a while, but I and Mom finally found something "What's this?" "What?" I asked, pulling out a ripped newspaper. There was barely anything left of it. The main things I found were a date on it and a list of names.

"Oh, that is a paper that did not even make it to the shelves for being so intense," she says.

"The only thing left of it is part of the title, a list of names, and a date," I tell her. When I examined the paper, what was left of the title said "San Francisco Trag"—that was all it said. I then look at the date: December 22, 2008. After that, I scroll through the list of names until I see the name, David Rover.

"Mom, look at this," I say, holding out the paper. She takes it and scans it over.

"Oh, my David was the name of his father," she says. I look at her with a worried expression.

"Why is his name on that list?" I ask

"I don't know. I have never read this paper. " She tells me, "Best not think about it too much. It's getting late. "

I nod and head to my room to fall asleep.

(Foxy's POV) (the next morning)

"No, no, please don't leave me," I say, tears streaming down my cheeks as I gaze at my father, who is dead. I then heard the heart monitor stop. "Nooooo!" I exclaim, realizing it was all a dream.

I sigh as I hear my alarm suddenly go off; "ugh, another day of stupid school."

(Time skip)

I walk into the school, going towards my locker. I could feel people staring at me and whispering, but I didn't care. I heard a familiar voice as I was walking to my locker, but I ignored it.

"Foxy.." Mangle said I continued to ignore her and kept walking.

"I have a question for you," she said. I again ignored her and kept walking.

"What happened on December 22, 2008?" I stopped in my tracks and looked at the floor.

"What happened that night?" she asked.

I turned to look at her. I could feel a hot tear running down my face. "What happened that night is none of your business," I say, balling my fists.

"But I want to know," she says, walking towards me. I look to my right and see the janitors' closet. I grab her arm, which surprises her, and run into the closet.

It seems like Foxy is pretty mad at Mangle I wonder what will happen in the closet. Well, anyway, this was kind of a short chapter. Sorry about that. More will come soon, but I have school and things to balance. But like I say in every chapter, I hope you enjoyed it and if you have any suggestions on how I can make this story better, then please comment. bye!