Chapter 18

The last chapter. The lake scene is inspired by Spy school: clash of spies.

Ben POV

They spent about 7 minutes in the tower then stepped out. Everyone but Cyrus hugged each other and I felt a pang of regret that I couldn't be there. They got in the car and took off. I knew that after they finished they would have to lie low while Cyrus talked to the CIA about reinstation. I followed their car. They drove for an hour. When they got out to a cabin in the woods. I drove a little bit more and ditched the car. 

I walked through the woods for about 2 minutes and came in view of the cabin. I didn't want to just walk in because then I knew for a fact that they would beat me up for not showing up earlier. I decided to go down the chimney like Santa Claus. Except this Santa Claus was heavily armed. I noticed them step out for a bit. I went down the chimney and hid in the roof beams.

"I miss Ben," said Mike his eyes red from crying "I knew him since we were 5 years old."

Zoe just nodded patting his shoulder. She hadn't known me all that well. I knew she had a crush on me though. They went into one of the bedrooms. Cyrus entered the cabin and immediately pointed at me. He did a come here motion. I decided to drop down when Mike and Zoe re-entered the room.

"Surprise!" I said weakly before clutching my leg. Mike stood there gaping at me then hugged me. Zoe joined in on the hug. Cyrus already knew I was alive somehow. He walked over and picked up a small metal object of my jacket.

"Catherine planted this on you during the group hug," he said gruffly.

Cyrus left the cabin again and Mike took the opportunity to sock me in the stomach, only for it to be hard. 

"I saw you crying for me Mikey boy," I said in a teasing voice.

Mike just punched me in the shoulder.

"I had hope you would survive," he said crying. I wrapped him in a bear hug and looked at Zoe. She nodded at me and took Mike to the room. Zoe came back out and said briefly.

"Erica's at the small dock to the left of the entrance. I made my way out of the door and down the path. I wanted to surprise Erica but I didn't know if she had access to the tracker that her mother had put on me. When I got to the dock I noticed that Erica was crying. This meant she probably didn't know about the tracker.

I sneaked up behind her and she judo flipped me into the water. 

"Miss me?" I said grinning.

She extended a hand and I judo flipped her into the water.

"Tell me everything," She said but she failed to keep in the emotion.

I told her everything. 

I clambered back onto the dock and she had also and after I finished she put her hands around my face and kissed me. I looked into her eyes as she slipped in her tongue. We sat there for a  minute looking into each other's eyes and kissing. I eventually pulled away for air. 

"Don't ever go dead on me Ripley," she said without an icy tone and breaking into tears. I hugged her and rubbed her back. She eventually broke away and I interlaced my fingers into hers as we watched the sunset.

I'm sad that this book has to come to an end.  It was a thrill to write this book. THANK YOU ALL FOR READING. I will start writing a sequel by next week (haven't decided on a name yet)