ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɪ

"Harry, Harry, Harry."

"Oh for God's sake Niall, it's open!" Harry groans and looks at the door from his seat. He finally chilled out and got the motivation to paint the picture he has due this Friday. He always loved art.

Since a very young age, he was trying all kinds of arts, like writing, photography, designing, singing, painting, graphic, tailoring, make-up, he even tried to audition for a movie. But everything started to bore him until he found a perfect hobby. He began sculpting when he started high school. It never became boring to him, each sculpture he made was his baby. All of the details, the hard work, the sleepless nights, but the finished artwork always warmed his heart.

His mother was going crazy because he didn't pay any attention to school, he was just sculpting and sculpting, and soon enough they didn't know where to put all of those statues. So Harry was sculpting and gifting them to his family and friend's family, until a year after graduation, he got an email from some man about how he loves his work - apparently, he saw his sculptures at one of his family friends - and he would love to have some. After that, the man suggested he can find him more jobs, but in Italy. He said to Harry that in Rome a lot of hotels and mansions seek such an incredible artist as he is, so Harry soon enough moved to Rome. He was just scared 21 years old guy, in a very weird studio flat one street down the Colosseum. Of course, the man that brought Harry to Rome pretty much forgot about Harry the second he got his sculptures, and Harry was with no job, alone in Italy. And that's when he met Niall.

Niall is an owner of the Irish pub under Harry's flat. When Harry didn't know what to do after his bank account started to look like a Sahara desert, he went to the pub and asked for a job. Niall as a friendly guy, he gave Harry a job and soon they became friends. Harry never gave up his dream to be an artist, so he was sculpting during the day and working during nights. When he and Niall became pretty close friends, Niall suggested they would put his work on the internet. And God bless Niall. Since then, Harry indeed got a lot of work with sculpting and painting. He had to leave Niall's pub even. Now it's been 4 years since he moved to Rome, and he can't be more grateful.

Niall barges into Harry's studio flat and looks around. "It's always so clean, are you even a man?"

"Is that what you came for? Check if my flat is not dirty?"

"Oh no! Not at all! I wanted to ask if you could maybe, just maybe come for a shift on Saturday night? Amanda called sick," Niall begs with his big puppy eyes.

"You know I have a lot of work due next week, mate," he sighs. Not that he doesn't want to help Niall, but he can't just let his work push away, he has got a lot to do now.

"Please, pretty please! I swear it's just for a few hours, Harry! Won't do no harm," Niall tries still. Harry just shakes his head how Niall can't take no as an answer.

"Did I tell you how good you look today? Those... Those rings are totally awesome! Are they new?" Niall suddenly compliments Harry and comes closer to act like he is very intrigued.

"Niall, I am wearing those for 3 years already, you gifted me one of them! This is tragic, okay I'll do it," Harry sighs and dips his brush into his mixed colour again. He starts to paint the detail, again lost in his work and thoughts. He doesn't register Niall looking at him happily and then looking at the canvas.

"It is very good," Niall comments and pats Harry's arm.

"Niall, you know I need peace when it comes to my work," Harry snaps and looks at Niall's innocent face.

"Thank you, Niall, I love when you compliment me. You are welcome Harry, that's why I am here for, always supporting your ass," Niall mocks Harry's deep voice and Harry just rolls his eyes. He continues to paint.