13. Full Measure

I stood on a walkway above the factory floor with Nestor beside me. We both had a N95 face mask secured tightly over our nose and mouth. I listened to my CFO spout off about the products profit margins and shipping issues but I was more interested in Nestor's reaction.

He leant forward on the rail with his knuckles turning white. What he was watching was impressive, the factory floor was huge and run almost completely by robotic machinery. There was always more risk in the drug business the more people involved and I was not in the habit of taking incalculable risks.

The machines were churning out 1000 MDMA pills every minute of operation. They weren't actually the same chemical compound of classic MDMA but the effect was the same, just much safer to the user. The machines also made 1000 paracetamol tablets every minute as both a cover story and those were sold to government healthcare providers cheap for a tax exemption. The MDMA pills were then sent to the ports across Japan and packed into used cars waiting to be exported globally.

"This is an extremely organised set up Lily. I didn't realise Bratva had moved into drugs." Nestor stared.

"This isn't Bratva. Though they do assist at the ports and with deliveries, not exclusively of course."

"You are quite the mastermind."

"Let me guess, Miguel has poor peasants out in the poppy fields, blistering heat and low pay? No wonder he has a bad rep." I snorted.

I already knew the answer, it was how father ran things and Miguel didn't have the balls to change things up. Maybe now that Dita was dead he might be more open to changing his ways. I began the walk down the stairs to the exit. All I wanted was to climb into the bed on the plane and sleep the whole flight away.

As soon as the seatbelt signs went off I hoped out of the seat and climbed into the bed. The roar of the A380's engine was enough to dull the noise in my head and let me slip easily into a deep sleep. Somewhere over the Pacific Ocean the blankets had come off me and I rolled over in search of the warmth. I snuggled back into a dream as blankets curled around me and I was warm once more. When I woke, the tv screen showed just shy of two hours of flight time remaining. I went to pull the blankets back and found Nestor's arm wrapped around my waist and his body spooning mine.

I slipped out of his embrace and sat at the edge of the bed. He really was a handsome man and with those tattoos he was downright sexy. I grabbed the iPad from the shelf and used it to order a few different meals since I didn't know what he liked.

I pulled my laptop from the carry on bag and started running through work I missed in the last week. Mostly lots of pointless emails that went straight to the bin. There were some sign offs needed for new gyms that were under construction across the US and Europe. By the time I was done a stewardess placed the hot meals on the dining table. The woman's eyes lingered on Nestor for longer than I thought professional and my rage spiked.

"Leave." I barked at her.

She scurried out of the suite as I stared daggers into her back. I noticed Nestor stirring from his sleep, my growl at the woman must have woken him up. His eyes fully opened and he quickly scanned the room finding me at the dining table. I watched from the rim of my coffee cup as he rose from the bed. Taut muscles moving under his golden skin. When the sheet fell away from his body he had a sizeable bulge in his boxer shorts. Tahlia was right, he does look like he would know how to make a lady scream.

I swear I nearly moaned aloud when he stretched high, the deep V of his hips showing clearly. Fuck me. I thought to myself, both literally and in exasperation. I fumbled about putting food on plates so that my fingers were busy and not tempted to touch anything they shouldn't.

"Help yourself and order anything you want if it's not here."

I tossed the iPad to him so he could order himself an espresso coffee. While he was sleeping I had organised a meeting with my friends in Stockton. I didn't want anyone getting killed over the product jackings Bratva were apparently doing there. Since I couldn't tell them they were stealing my brothers product I had to make them a deal they couldn't refuse.

"I'm going to have to give Mikey something when we get back, some information."

"You can tell him everything when he is no longer under the Feds thumb. Until then, I just own a chain of gyms and a factory for paracetamol. I did after all graduate as a Chemical Engineer."

I had been pregnant with Alex for my final year of university getting my doctorate and just made it through my final paper before labour struck. I graduated on stage with my son in my arms and my family cheering me on. Life was perfect back then.

After we landed, the valet was waiting with my keys promising she was in perfect condition. After a quick inspection I handed the young guy a few hundred dollar bills before climbing in the passenger seat. I rested my head against the window pane as Nestor drove along the highway south.

"Lily, we are here."

I felt a hand gently pushing my shoulder to wake me.

"I was having a good dream, Nessy-boo."

The gentle push became a rough shove and I laughed as I righted myself and unclipped the seatbelt.

"What was so good about this dream?"

"Wouldn't you like to know Mr Oceteva. I'll give you a hint, we joined the mile high club."

I quickly exited the car ashamed of myself, mentally slapping myself. Idiota. I made my way into the house as Miguel was making his way to the door.

"Sup bro. One head of security returned safe and sound. I'll see you when I see you."

I turned to leave only to hit a wall of muscle behind me, his arms came around me to stabilise me.

"You're not going just yet. We have a lot to discuss. My office."

The arms turned me around and we followed my brothers retreating figure down the hallway.

"I think I would rather go back to being hidden now."

Nestor chuckled at me but kept his hand on my lower back urging me forward.

"I'd like you to too."

I turned to face the squeaky voice that had answered. Not a single blond hair on her head out of place and a crisp white pant suit to match. There goes my joking mood.

"Emily."