30. History Of Violence

We pulled into the warehouse and the men were all tense as they argued over something we couldn't hear. I put my fingers to my mouth and whistled loudly getting all their attention. Nestor's eyes caught mine and he looked relieved to see me before anger took over. I was expecting it since nothing went to plan, well plan A. He started to make his way towards me when Luisa stepped up beside me.

Angel's face went from absolute agony to ecstasy when he saw her. He shot across the room and lifted her off the ground. The joy he had seemed to stop the arguing and the Mayans smiled at their brother. Mr Sad Eyes finally got his dulce back. Nestor's arms wrapped around me and he watched the reunion from my shoulder.

"I thought we had a plan." He said softly in my ear.

"We did but there are always back up plans. This is just the first time I had to use one." I replied quietly.

"We will talk about this later."

I heard another car arrive and smiled as Maria got out and Alex ran over us. Maria went to the back seat and unclipped the baby boy from the backseat. This is what I had been waiting for. Luisa was still too wrapped up in Angel's embrace she didn't notice Maria stop behind her.

"Dulce behind you." Angel said to her and everyone was silent as she turned. "Ricardo missed his mami."

"Mami missed you too." She cried as she picked up her son and cradled him to her chest. "Thank you Angel."

She kissed him as they held their son between them. Angel whispered to her and she looked at me and mouthed 'thank you.' I just nodded and took Alex's hand and made my way over to the Mayans.

"Hopefully he won't mope around so much now." I said to EZ as I walked past.

He snorted, "This is Angel we are talking about."

With a laugh I continued to Sakura's table and grabbed a phone she had prepared earlier in the hopes we would succeed. I picked up a new passport and driver's license and carried the lot over to Luisa.

"Now, I do expect to be invited to a wedding at some point." I said as I handed Luisa her new name and ID's.

She opened the passport and tried to hide her smile before closing it. "Luisa Reyes huh? That was presumptuous of you." She said to Angel who just pointed at me before looking offended.

"You saying you would've said no to all this?" He said as he waved his hands down his body.

"Gross. I'm going home." I left the two lovebirds alone and met Nestor and Alex at his SUV. I stopped at the passenger door and called out to my siblings. "Family dinner tomorrow, our place." Both Miguel and Luisa nodded so I climbed in and left with a smile. My family is finally complete.

"Where's your car?" Nestor asked.

"I had to leave it in San Diego when we jumped in Felipe's truck. We can pick up another one tomorrow." I saw Alex sit up in the back.

"Can I choose?" He asked enthusiastically.

"Depends on what you choose." I said thinking I wasn't going to caught dead with a hatchback or some ugly little car.

"Did you take the plates off?" Nestor asked continuing our other conversation.

"No, I want them to run them. It's in Tahlia's name so the car and the hack both trace back to the B-R-A-T-V-A." I spelled it out so Alex wouldn't hear the word.

The rest of the ride home was silent, I knew he had questions but with Alex in the car we had to be more conscious about what information he could hear. When we finally parked in the garage Alex was fast asleep and I was equally exhausted. I opened his door but Nestor softly pulled me back before he effortlessly lifted Alex and carried him to his room. I had two glasses of whiskey waiting when he came back downstairs and found me on the patio chaise.