15. Diente Por Diente

I paced around the villa on the beach I had rented while I waited for Mikhail to call. Mikhail was in charge of the men in Stockton and I wanted to discuss some ideas of mine. Miguel had royally pissed me off by calling the Mayans to trap me and Nestor pissed me off because I thought he was a friend.

I had dreamed of being more but that was all it was, a teenage dream and I was happy settling for friendship until he tried to use me. I had a file downloading with all the information taken from the phones but the internet speeds here were shockingly slow. I heard the ping sound that it was complete and began the long process of digging into the men.

All of my plans were derailed when I came across a picture on the phone of someone called Angel. I printed it and packed the laptop in my bag before running to my car. Back across the border I went, after everything I did to escape just a few hours ago, I was going back. I followed the location of Angel's phone and ended up at a scrapyard.

"Which one of you is Angel?"

They were all on guard as they had hands on weapons. I mean I did only threaten them a little bit during our last meet. I watched as a tall rugged man stepped forward, smoking a cigarette and nodded. He was with Coco when I helped Letty out. I held up the photo of the woman and he narrowed his eyes.

"Where is she? Where is Luisa!"

"How do you know her?" He replied.

I closed my eyes and counted to 10. I needed answers not more questions.

"She is my sister. Now where the fuck is she."

"Ain't you Galindo's sister?" He asked confused.

I pulled my gun and aimed it at Bishop's head.

"Start answering my fucking questions before bodies start dropping."

"Okay okay, shit. You got some similarities for sure. Feds picked her up few months ago when she was pregnant, they took our son as soon as he was born."

"Your son?"

He nodded solemnly and sighed a long 'fuuuuck.' I put the safety on my gun and holstered it, instantly dropping some tension. I walked through the group of men to the building behind them and went inside. Coco, Letty and the other man who was at the bar were inside. I sat down at an empty table and opened my laptop. Angel sat beside me while the others took seats around the room.

"So Adelita, Luisa, is Miguel's sister too?"

"No, Dita wasn't my mother. José had an affair and I was raised out of sight, out of mind. Luisa and I share a mother only. I have been trying to find her since her parents were killed. She just vanished."

I hadn't looked up from what I was typing until I noticed the silence and everyone was looking at Miguel at the door. His hands were shaking so he clasped them together.

"May we speak privately?"

He gestured to the side room that I didn't really want to enter but did anyway. As soon as I was inside Nestor slid the stained glass door shut and Miguel turned on me.

"Anymore family secrets you wish to share!"

"Plenty...but I won't. Not just yet anyway. Did you know Dita wasn't my mother?"

"Of course. She showed up with a baby one day, said you were my sister. You are my sister."

"I'm going to find my sister and nephew. Unlike you, I don't abandon family. You can either help or leave."

"We can help. The man who has her is called Lincoln Potter. I'll have Nestor send what we have on him."

I nodded and went to go back to my laptop to dig into this Potter man myself.