31. Unruly

Six months later.

I smiled as I stood on our balcony off the master bedroom. Guests gathered below, filling our backyard and motorbikes filled the driveway. I spotted Nestor near the ornate flower archway talking to Alex, he knelt down and started fixing the matching tie around my sons neck. The sight made my heart soar and my eyes sting as tears threatened to fall. Don't ruin your makeup.

"It's not too late to run." I said over my shoulder.

Luisa's soft laugh was the only response I got. I turned to look at the bride as Maria pinned the veil into her hair.

"She's not going anywhere." Felipe grumbled, looking uncomfortable in his suit. "I only have one job, to get you to the end of that aisle."

"All done beautiful lady." Maria said as she placed a soft kiss on Luisa's cheek before going to find her seat with Bishop.

I could never have imagined this a year ago. I had my son, I had Nestor and I had my crazy family all together. Maria worked for Miguel now, hiding the drug money from the government and had caught the Mayan president hook, line and sinker.

I looked over the crowd and spotted Miguel. I was glad he decided to come, it was a small sign he was trying to move forward. We hadn't spoken for a month, since Felipe sat down with him, Angel and EZ and told them the truth about the half- siblings. He had been a recluse since that meeting and ignored all of my calls and messages. I would still go and visit Cristobal a few times a week but Miguel would make himself scarce. I don't really understand why he was giving me the silent treatment. It wasn't my secret to tell and Dita was the one to blame really.

"Ready to do this?" I asked as I saw everyone was seated below. Angel turned around and looked up but I blocked his view of Luisa and yelled over pointing to the floral archway. "Eyes front and centre Reyes!"

I sped past the bride and sat at the grand piano I had Cole's men load onto the plane from Russia. I started to play Canon in D before Mini lead the way for Luisa, the young girl tossing petals as she walked. When Luisa came out I looked at Angel and saw a few tears run down his face. Goddamn these two are just good human beings. I sniffed a bit when they finally got to their vows and Nestor's took my hand slipping a tissue into my hand.

After the ceremony we all moved into the gym that had just been built. All the equipment had been removed and the walls were draped with fabric and fairy lights except the front where it was all floor to ceiling glass. The view was breathtaking, the sun setting in brilliant red hues over the rolling hillside. I felt arms wrap around me as the noise level rose after the bar had started serving.

I leant back into my love and whispered, "I am going to get changed, care to escort me?"

He held his elbow out and I looped my arm in his with a giggle. We made small talk with guests as we made our way along the softly lit pathway to our home. Nestor detoured to the cellar to get a bottle of wine and two glasses while I went upstairs. As soon I stepped into our room I froze at the sight of the man sitting on the love seat in our room.

"To what do I owe the pleasure Mr Potter?" I asked him as I began taking the uncomfortable pins out of my hair.

"I had a very interesting chat with your son at school. It was...enlightening." He said as he tapped his fingers on the manila folder on his lap.

I didn't react, Alex had already told me of the visits he received from the 'weird man.' I knew he had nothing incriminating on me, I didn't exist. My records were wiped, DNA tests would come back as whatever poor soul Francis used to declare me deceased.

"Do you know what your problem is Lincoln?" I asked rhetorically. "You always assume you are the smartest person in the room."

I crossed the room and picked up the folder to find it exactly as I predicted, full off blank pages. I threw them in the air and watched his face as they fell around him.