Prolugue

Dear diary,

Dear diary,

People disappear all the time.
Ask a policeman better yet, ask a journalist.

Disappearances are bread-and-butter to journalists.

Young girls run away from home. Young children stray away from their parents and never seen them again.

Housewives reach the end of their tether and take the grocery money and a taxi to the station.

International financiers change their name and vanish into the smoke of the imported cigars.

Most of the lost will be found, eventually, dead or alive. The question arrives here, was it worth it? Was the run worth it?

Ever since I was a kid, I always had been a good daughter to my father. His decision was mine but as time passed by my likes and decisions were not valued. We soon broke into disagreements and arguments.

The world is free and why shouldn't be your daughter, Dada? I wish I could ask this to his face but I cannot. I'll never muster up the courage for that.

I'm tired of being a rapunzel trapped in her room. Restricted to all the leisure that the world has to offer me.

People say follow your heart, you can never lose, because settling is the worst feeling ever and now I'm following my heart, hoping that I won't regret running away from home, from my father and my family.

Worry stories that I have built up in my head are losing power. I've played their game and stayed stuck long enough. I'm ready for new stories that teach me that anything is possible.

Goodbye Rapunzel! Time to become the Brave!

"Damas y caballeros, su vuelo Manteo número F2945, vuelo a Weeksville, ya está listo para abordar, por favor diríjase a la salida donde el Airbus los espera para llevarlos al avión. Le deseamos un vuelo muy agradable, gracias

Ladies and gentlemen, your Manteo flight number F2945, flight to Weeksville, is now ready for boarding, please proceed to the exit where the airbus is waiting for you to take you to the aircraft. We wish you a very pleasant flight, thank you."

That's my call to freedom!

I swung my backpack over my shoulders and my journal-- the story of my life that was written by others, headed straight into the trash can as I made my way to the boarding center-- to write my own fate. I don't want other people to decide what I'm, I want to do that myself.

Everybody did what was best for them... Now it's my turn to start over again with a new year... New beginning... New place.. New me.

'There are those who say that fate is something beyond our command. That our destinies are not our own. But I know better. Our fate lives within us. You only have to be brave enough to see it.'

~Brave (Merida)

--✘--

Being an infamous photographer is all about mustering guts to take risks in lives

Being an infamous photographer is all about mustering guts to take risks in lives. The capability to make it possible for the impossible's. It's all about capturing iconic and unique moments on time. The talent to tell stories through one click.

The strong wind blew through him as he stood on the highest peak of the notorious suicide spot of Paladins - the golden skies.

Golden clouds surround him while the setting sun cast golden rays on them. Placing his camera lens near his right eyes, closing the other eye for better focus, he clicks on the most implacable pictures of nature and time.

With one swift moment of his foot, he pushed up the side stand of his motorcycle, turning on the engine of his vivid black, Harley-Davidson.

Studying the place one last time while gearing on the throttle making the engine roar, shortly enough he was off to his next destination; Weeksville - his favorite city of all time, the sin city.

Always remember that your present situation is not your final destination.
The best is yet to come.

___________