Chapter 6

His arms wrapped around her small frame, kissing her hair and whispering calming phrases in her ear

His arms wrapped around her small frame, kissing her hair and whispering calming phrases in her ear. "I'm here love, it's going to be okay."

Y/N

It had been a month since the case, Spencer and you were talking every day. We would talk about any little thing. Whenever he was home from a case, especially after a tough one, You would show up at his door in pajamas with take out.

Those nights you two always grew closer. You always ended the night with cuddles on the couch sometimes falling asleep in each other's arms. You always felt safe in his strong arms, keeping you close to his chest. His fingers playing with your hair as you two slept, a smile never leaving his lips.

.......

Garcia would invite you out for drinks to get to know each other. She knew that something was going on between you and Reid. Spencer would always smile at his phone whenever they were on cases according to Morgan.

"Tell me everything" Garcia would always be nosy, every once in a while if the team had finished a case, JJ and Emily would join. His three coworkers ganging up on you. "We're just friends" was always your response, your voice would always have a hint of disappointment when you tell them. You liked him since you opened up to him that night. Him holding you as you cried not caring who knew about it.

Garcia invited you out the night that Spencer was coming home from a case. Explaining how JJ and Emily would meet you two there.

You were enjoying your girl's night out. You never really had many true friends, but it felt like you had known them your whole life even though it was really only a month. That's when you saw him at the bar. From how JJ and Emily were describing the case, it was a horrible one. You were going to get the girls another round of drinks. Looking back and saw that they all were engrossed in conversations with a guy that Emily had dragged over.

You decided it was better to console your friend, sitting down next to Spencer and placing your hand on his forearm. "Hey, I heard about the case" You almost had to yell for him to hear you over the loud music. He looked up at you from his shot glass.

Spencer

He sighed before nodding, his mind racing after the case. He either needed to get drunk and forget or one of their cuddle nights with take out. He waited about 30 minutes after he got home for her to show up, before leaving to get drunk. He saw her with Garcia before seeing JJ and Emily join them.

He was happy for her making friends but he missed having her to himself. He missed their late-night talks and falling asleep on the phone with her. "Yeah, I was really hoping for us to be together tonight" he slurred out his words. He definitely was drunk even though he had only been there for an hour. She looked at the bartender before moving the shot glass away from Spencer.

"How about we go for a walk" She suggested to him, a smile finding its way to his lips before nodding like a child. She smiled and grabbed his hand in hers, as she made her way over to Garcia and the girls, he followed her like a helpless puppy. "I'm gonna head home," she spoke as she grabbed her clutch placing a few bills on the table for the girls. They nodded and giggled as they saw Spencer.

.......

As soon as the two exited the bar, Spencer felt a chill run down his spine as he looked over at Y/N. She looked so beautiful, he had always noticed her beauty but it overwhelmed him tonight. Of course, he could blame the alcohol but he knew it was his feelings for her. His hand belonged in hers, their fingers intertwined. He squeezed her hand before starting to run down the street, hearing her giggle before chasing after him.

The night was spent exploring the city, his eyes focusing only on her. Wanting to stay with her for the rest of his life. She made him happy, she helped him adjust to life again. Helped him become more emotionally available for her. All he wanted to do was tell her how he really felt.

That he wanted her to be his, how he wanted to love her until she learned to love herself, and longer. He smiled as she cuddled up to his chest, him leaning against the wall outside of his apartment. His thoughts were clear 'I love her', one of the thoughts that he didn't think he would ever have again after Maeve.

She looked up at him a wide smile on her face "Movie night?" she asked him softly before watching him nod.

A/N - I hope you enjoy this it's not the longest chapter but I'll upload another one tomorrow or the day after.