8

"come on, guys." soobin grunts
"it's been 2 days. at least eat something or you'll die"

soobin was told about the depressing story from his mother, well, they were neighbors after all.

"haneul i swear to god, i will personally make some food and shove it down your throat." shuhua knocks at her door, and to her surprise, haneul actually opens it

the best friend quickly engulfing her into a hug, while soobin was still trying to get hyunjin out of his room.

"he's not home" haneul informs the taller, "his friends dragged him outaide to cheer him up"

"wow, and they didn't take you? such assholes" soobin gives her a quick hug as well
"no, they insisted on me coming as well, except for minho, obviously. but i didnt go."
"that's why we're here! say, soobin, why don't you treat us to the ice cream you were gonna treat us to?"
"i swear yall are gonna make me go broke some day."

"you sit here, I'll get it" Soobin walks away to the counter to order for the girls, knowing their favorite flavors.

"i know it's hard for you and all, not knowing how it even happened, but it was meant to happen. as you, yourself always have said, 'everything happens for a reason, even deaths of innocent people, they pass away because it's their time'" shuhua holds her friend's hand in a comforting manner

"when did i say something as stupid as that?" haneul pouts
"last year, when you had to give a speech on world war I"
"what the fuck has death have to do with the first world war?!"
"you then proceeded to say, 'the same thing with the first world war, it happen because of a reason' and some historical shit."
"wow i was a cringe writer back then"

"here you go, i had a hard time saying mint chocolate for you, han" soobin places the cups in front of his friends and sits back down

"you guys only hate mint choco cuz the internet tells you to."

after a tiring day filled with ice cream and catching up to school drama, haneul plops down on the living room couch, her brother was already home and feeding kkami.
"did it work for you?" hyunjin sits across haneul and sighs
"a little, i didn't need to know about school drama, though, i mean, would you wanna know-"
"that some transferee stuck to minho hyung like glue and even tried to make out with him?"
"exactly! i dont care! i miss mom.." haneul mumbles the last part and buries her face into the foam of the soft, grey couch.

"it did sound funny when minho hyung told me that"
"because you care? and i dont?" the girl gets up and makes her way to her room, locking it

"it's sad boi hours."
she plays her crying Playlist to purposely cry, i mean who doesn't do that, and changes into her favorite hoodie, wraps herself in her blanket and immerses herself into the music.

"was this knocking sound always in thanks?" she pauses the music and indeed, the sound wasn't from the music but from hed window.

"minho? what the fuck do you want?" shs whisper-yells at the boy in front of her.
"sshh, shut up and just come with me." minho smiles making haneul get butterflies again