11

hyunjin, on the other hand, walks back to his room and instead of goibg back to crying, tries goes to sleep in peace. but he couldn't.

there was something about the way haneul told him to shut up that triggered something inside if him.

'is she mad cuz she has a crush and i mentioned it'
hyunjin gasps
haneul had never ever crushed on someone and hyunjin was convinced she wasn't attracted to anyone or anything at all, he was sure she was asexual, there was no way it could be true.

he looks outside his window and watches as the colours in the sky start to fade to a lighter shade. it was dawn.
he loved watching sunrises when he was younger with his mother, haneul would always be asleep.

he remembers when he was really happy watching the sunrise one time. his mom going

flashback

"you know what, hyunnie?" hyunjin's mom smiled at the dark sky fading away.
"to be honest, i don't really have a favorite between you and your sister"

"all of a sudden? mom, we know that. you always say that when we ask you." hyunjin chuckles

"no, don't get mad at mom for this, but there was a different feeling when i held haneul in my arms rather than you. she felt far more precious, far more fragile even though both of you were just born."

"what are you trying to say, mom? that you don't love me?"

"no, silly," she flicks his forehead "im saying, take care of her. she's your sister, she's so precious, she has feelings underneath that tough imahe she puts out. dont let her get hurt as a big brother."

"no more fighting? aw man.."

end of flashback

hyunjin smiles at the sunset.
"that's why she named you haneul. because she always adored the sky and found comfort in it" he smiles once again to himself