9

the boy instantly grabs the girl's tiny hands after she comes back with some shoes on and guides her somewhere far from the house.

"this," minho says unlocking what looks like an abandoned convenience store, "belonged to my grandfather before he passed away and nobody took over the place, so i stole the keys and i come here often with the boys."

"and why am i here?" haneul crosses her arms, looking at the half stocked shelves of snacks
'they must eat these when they hang around here..'

"because you need to cheer up, you look uglier than you already are when you cry."
"ouch."

the boy then strides towards the back of the store where the stairs to the roof were located.
"it's a starry night, so don't be sad and admire it."

the pair star-gazed in silence. a newly found comfort emerging between the two. it was like those cliché romantic moments in movies, laying on the ground of a roof, star gazing, and confessing feelings.

"thanks, even if this isn't much help, i appreciate your effort, minho"
"haneul," minho turns towards her, taking in her side profile, "what do you think happens to people when they die?"

she chuckles, "they obviously go to heaven or hell."

".. i like to think differently, though"
"is that so? tell me about your beliefs then, lee."
"my grandfather said that people become stars when they die"

this time, haneul was the one to turn to minho, "i dont see what you're trying to get at."

"yout mother is a part of the sky, she's a part of you now, like she's always been."

for those who didn't understand, the korean word for 'sky' is haneul (하늘)
also i apologize for the very very very short chapter but i feel proud of it-